droid 3 software update

acoers

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with there phone being rooted and doing the update.I knowsome have said to unroot but didn't know if I really need to or not. And also all. I got to do is unfreeze everything right.

GrampyLo

Reaction score
On Tuesday 9/20 I received my new D3....overnight with no shipping delay as has been suggested on the VW site. The system version in my new D3 is: 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US. I am assuming this is the new update that you are all discussing, but don't know for sure. In any event I thought it would be helpful for you to know what version Verizon is now shipping. Love my new D3, having upgraded from a D1. No 4G in our area, and based on previous experience we will not get it soon, so thus the D3 instead of Bionic. Perhaps 4G will be a factor for my next upgrade.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
I did the upgrade with my system rooted and have no problems it was easy as pie

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

acoers

Reaction score
Yep just did itno probs, now I just gotta wait till I get home to reroot my phone. Unless there's away you can do it on it

Jeepzor

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get installed the first couple tries. I'll look more into it later. I did a restore of all my .bak and when I go to install the update it verifies package and then errors our verifying system on fota.apk. this is the firmware over the air apk, which I have navigated my system/app/ and found fota.apk and fota.odex...so I'm not sure exactly what to do next.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
You guys STOP. If you install this, you may be OFF the upgrade path. Think before you update. Ice Cream Sandwich is right around the corner. Do you really want to risk being off the upgrade path????

Think McFly Think!!

jmorgania

Reaction score
You guys STOP. If you install this, you may be OFF the upgrade path. Think before you update. Ice Cream Sandwich is right around the corner. Do you really want to risk being off the upgrade path????

Think McFly Think!!

+1. This has turned into nothing more than people asking for the leaked version. The OTA will probably be rolled out by months end. Why risk it?

guacor

Reaction score
I've been searching everywhere for the update for droid 3. Could you hook me up?
Thank you in advance

acoers

Reaction score
They have already said the leaked update is the update coming to all droid 3 so everyone will have thesame update. So take a chill pill man.

Jeepzor

Reaction score
Alrighty, I take back what I said a few posts ago. I messed with it a little more and I got it working! So far the only thing I noticed different/new is the camera is MUCH faster, no more blue tint with flash and we also have the new multishot option. now I'm just hoping to get some better battery life. I'll look at re-rooting next, and deleting bloat.

acoers

Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed that the cursor going out of control isn't happening anymore.

guacor

Reaction score
Thanks for the file. Did mine phone and my wifes. Working great.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

shane1

Reaction score
The reason why we root is to not worry about

Think McFly Think!!
the reason why we root is to not worry about official updates! We get better stuff sooner thanx to the many great developers