droid 3 software update

patfactorx

Reaction score
I LOVE the video in Google talk btw. The front camera is pretty decent.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I've never run a smart phone 36 hours without a charge but I am about to now. Extended battery. Pretty light usage: screen on 3.5 hours (mostly Dolphin HD, K9, Notepad); battery in performance mode (always checking 3 email accounts).

I don't need anywhere near 36 hours. If I can unplug in the morning and not need a charge for 12-15 hours then I am totally satisfied. I was usually doing this before the update but now...this phone is THE BEST PHONE ON EARTH. Screw 4G, this is fast enough and I value a long battery life over big bandwidth.

We are the champions, my friends.

salodin

Reaction score
I got the OTA, but my camera seems to have not changed at all; this blue tint is still there =( any suggestions?

Erikbal

Reaction score
I got the ota software update sent to my phone last night. I haven't really used it enough to notice much difference but I did take a pic and to ME the blue looked like it was gone but it's so subtle to me and I'm used to it so maybe it's just me. What other impprovements should I expect? Glad it finally came. Also I don't know if its just me but scrolling on the browser seems to me a little smoother and faster, again could be just me and could be from the phone being restarted.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Erikbal

Reaction score
Oh one thing I DID notice right away was before when I'd be using wifi the wifi bars and 3g bars would both be blue, now when using wifi only the wifi bars are blue and the bars for the 3g stay white all the time. Oh and one other thing I noticed is I have an app called car performance. Before when I'd go to the speedometer mode it would work but at the bottom it would keep saying searching for gps. Well just now from inside my house I turned the gps on and opened the app and for the first time it said satellites in range 15 fixed 0. It did that within about 5 seconds which it never did before so I'm HOPING this means the gps issues are fixed!

Last edited:

Erikbal

Reaction score
white balance is completly fixed, shutter speeds is a little better (use a 3rd party app for even better results though), and loading / unloading the camera is quicker. Saturation is still off, but every droid ever has had less saturation / slight overexposure (most likely as a handicap for people to overexpose shadows). Again, there's other camera apps that can help to control that aspect. Still seems to be issues with the constant autofocus, both camera and camcorder. Camcorder still has the black issue sometimes. Moto knows about both, and they probably on the list for the next update.

I just took a quick video of my niece cuz honestly I've had no opinions on the video cuz I've hardly used it but the 20 some second video I just took turned out great with good quality and no problems. It does seem that the blue tint is gone but I'll have to take more out door pics to tell for sure. So far I've used it quite a bit since off the charger and the battery does seem to be holding up better so far.

pinback

Reaction score
I keep getting "software update failed". Im rooted, no bloat removed. I can't find any really helpful info. Any ideas?

mrcastillo

Reaction score
did U installed any battery mods or any other kind of mods if so u will have to sbf. that will be the fastest n safest way

wildride89

Reaction score
+1 for the increase in battery life. I actually took my d3 off craigslist. The update has worked wonders for my phone. Im hoping we get more dev attention due to clockwork and sbf files. Steel droid is out so that is reassuring.

pinback

Reaction score
Did you freeze any bloat or use Pete's script?

I rooted with easy root script v7. Not sure if that's Pete's script or not? I'm thinking I want to just unroot first. Do I need to download the latest v7 script to unroot? Or what?