Droid 3 SIM unlock discussion

mogulos

Reaction score
Dumb question here. Got the unlock code from Verizon. Got a new Blau SIM card, the dealer (E-Plus+) activated the new SIM card. Put in the new SIM card, turned on the phone and was asked for a pin. Entered the pin that came with the Blau SIM but no service. When/how do I enter the unlock code from VZ?

Thanks!

mogulos

Reaction score
Dumb question here. Got the unlock code from Verizon. Got a new Blau SIM card, the dealer (E-Plus+) activated the new SIM card. Put in the new SIM card, turned on the phone and was asked for a pin. Entered the pin that came with the Blau SIM but no service. When/how do I enter the unlock code from VZ?

Thanks!

Never mind. Figured it out. I had to set the phone to GSM/UMTS. Once I did that, it asked for the SIM unlock code. I thought it would work with the phone set to Global but it didn't

Orpheon

Reaction score
Has anyone here from Aus successfully purchased the Droid 3 and got it to work on the local networks? There seem to be some shadows being cast about the 3G reception (HSPDA 850) for this model down under..

Deftrack

Reaction score
Has anyone here from Aus successfully purchased the Droid 3 and got it to work on the local networks? There seem to be some shadows being cast about the 3G reception (HSPDA 850) for this model down under..
Where did you found that about the 3G reception problem?

Orpheon

Reaction score
^ No confirmed cases of any problems with 3G; technically the phone supports 2100 HSDPA yet a few retailers have echoed that it won't work with Optus 3G.

OP
L

leobg

Reaction score
Phone has both AUS 3G bands: 850 and 2100 MHz. In theory you are all covered if you are" down under"

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Orpheon

Reaction score
True.

It would be reassuring nonetheless to receive some local confirmation of support, though at this rate I'll probably end up playing the role of guinea pig in testing this new beast out within our shores.

Deftrack

Reaction score
^ No confirmed cases of any problems with 3G; technically the phone supports 2100 HSDPA yet a few retailers have echoed that it won't work with Optus 3G.
Where did you found this information? Do you have web link ?

iffizworld

Reaction score
I can provide you the sim unlock code that will work (if the code doesnt work I dont charge), getting it to work in a different part of the world is your responsibility. Code takes up to 4 days to obtain per IMEI but is guaranteed to work. Payments are accepted through google check or paypal. Call/text me for more details: 312-863-9386

apglv

Reaction score

I was actually in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and purchased the Droid3 just for my trip. I called Verizon Customer Support prior to leaving and obtained an unlock code. When I got through customs I went straight over to the Vodafone booth at the airport and signed up for a $29.95 pre-paid sim plan which included 500MB of data and $150 calling credits. The sim and service worked great all week. I used about 50MB of data so if I had stuck with the pay as you go Verizon plan it would have been costly. Oh and I used Google Voice for free texting back to the U.S.

PuneE

Reaction score
I can provide you the sim unlock code that will work (if the code doesnt work I dont charge), getting it to work in a different part of the world is your responsibility. Code takes up to 4 days to obtain per IMEI but is guaranteed to work. Payments are accepted through google check or paypal. Call/text me for more details: 312-863-9386

..and it will work for all GSM carriers (or even CDMA) carriers in the USA? or none of the major 4, but will work w Srvcs like Boost/Virgin/Metro etc. Or if u can give an example of who we can use it with?

Sorry, I kno very little abt this, Ive always just been w Major Carriers using theeir specfic phones on their networks.

christr

Reaction score
..and it will work for all GSM carriers (or even CDMA) carriers in the USA? or none of the major 4, but will work w Srvcs like Boost/Virgin/Metro etc. Or if u can give an example of who we can use it with?

The GSM radio is firmware locked to NOT work at all in the USA. When you get the SIM unlock code from Verizon (or anyone) it will allow you to put a non-Verizon SIM in and utilize the GSM radio outside of the USA. That's it unfortunately. Unlike some of their other global phones (like the TouchPro 2) you cannot use this phone in the US on GSM.

. Also, this unlock is only for the GSM part, not CDMA.

ThaBaX

Reaction score
droid 3 in germany

hey i am thinking abt getting a droid 3 for using it constantly in germany. can you pls tell me your experience with it using it in germany. does everything work regarding 3g edge gprs texts calls etc.

thanks for the information;)

best regards

ThaBaX