1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 3 Rooting problems...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by himdroidSC, Aug 28, 2011.

1. himdroidSC

himdroidSC New Member

Hi all,
    This is my second droid I had the original Droid and just upgraded to the Droid 3. With my first one, I was late to the rooting party, so I had the sweet luxury of using one touch root. Simple, easy, had another rom running with a new theme in just about an hour.

However, when I got the D3, of course, there was not root process discovered yet. So, I waited and checked on the site from time to time watching for updates on Rooting our phones. When the manual rooting process got posted, I decided this was the perfect opportunity for me to get aquainted with SDK and ADB. I was wanting to start using it anyway, so here was a set of step by step instructions that got me on my way.

Using the manual Root process found here (posted by Woodyman), I found that Rooting was no problem at all. Got to the end, rebooted, and had my oh so desired "#".:)
    The next step was to push two files, provided by Woodyman, to the phone, from my desktop. This is where my problem arose... I kept getting "adb: not found" error. Now, I have some, but not a lot of, experience with file mapping, so perhaps this was my issue. I tried every way I could think to map to the files on my desktop. I think my problem arises from the fact that I am using Big Brother-aka Windows, and woodyman was using one of the other platforms.

So, I was hoping someone could give me some help with this part... I am sure it is just a mapping issue, but I don't know for sure because this is my first time using adb.

BTW, I did end up using the new one touch method, but still want to learn about ADB so I can use it in the future.

Thanks All
Search tags for this page

droid 3 rooting problems

problems with rooted droid 3

simple root droid 3