Droid 3 recovery

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Im new to the droid 3 world just recently upgraded from my d1. I have my d3 rooted and have save strap recovery installed. When I reboot my phone and it goes to the splash screen before it boots up I notice it says at the bottom in yellow E:Missing Bitmap Intermitant1 (code-1). I was just wondering if this was normal or what it meant. Thank you in advance for the help.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I've read that the error message is more of an eyesore than anything. It shouldn't effect performance. I looked it up and found very little useful info to pass on to you. Some people have several bitmap error messages and are stuck in bootloop. You have that one and it seems that your phone still functions properly.

Perhaps you could try going back to your last restore point, then reflashing your ROM (I don't remember if you said you installed a ROM-I imagine you did). One theory I saw floating around was that the file used to install the ROM may have been corrupt. Maybe find another copy of the ROM somewhere, install it on your SD, go back to your last restore point and reinstall the ROM using the new files.

Just a thought. If yu're not having any problems, you may just want to leave well enough alone. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I reread your post and it doesn't look like you installed a ROM. If you don't have a restore point from before this started happening, you still seem to be in a good place right now. I'll look into it some more. I'll post what I find a little later on.

apl3

Reaction score
I have this issue on my D3 too. Thing is I just rooted my wifes phone no issues plus I have a clean backup on her phone. Should I use her
clean backup or just leave well enough alone? I am running DarkDroid right now.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Did you use Safestrap, apl? From what I can tell, this seems to be a Safestrap-specific issue. It appears to be hit-or-miss. The error I've seen referenced in several forum questions was "missing bitmap image" and it's supposedly a known glitch (known to Mr. Hashcode), but I suspect the bitmap error you guys see has something to do with Safestrap, as well.

Apparently, the missing image is not a big deal and does not effect performace at all. Your error seems to be benign, as well, but you may want to look into different methods of starting over. I'm not saying it's necessary, but more a matter of preference or peace of mind.

If you'd like me to hunt down some good links, I could. I don't use Safestrap and can't give you a step-by-step because I don't have the experience with it. I could do the research if you'd like, though.

apl3

Reaction score
Im new to the droid 3 world just recently upgraded from my d1. I have my d3 rooted and have save strap recovery installed. When I reboot my phone and it goes to the splash screen before it boots up I notice it says at the bottom in yellow E:Missing Bitmap Intermitant1 (code-1). I was just wondering if this was normal or what it meant. Thank you in advance for the help.

Update to the latest version of Safestrap. That fixed my problem.]

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Yes im still on stock rom. All I've basically have don't is rooted my d3 and installed a recovery (safe strap). First time I rebooted after installing I wanted to make a backup just to be safe and that's when I seen that message, the first time I flashed to recovery, and its bein there ever since. Shimmy what recovery do you use, if your using one. And apl where can I find the latest version of safe strap. I believe it is utd but ill double check.

apl3

Reaction score
I got my updated apk right from the builders site Hash of Codes. All I did was uninstall my old one and install the new one. Now my phone doesnt have that message. Just go to downloads and grab the one for the Droid 3. Its version 1.06 I believe.

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
According to that the latest version is 1.04. I downloaded out of market and the version i have it 1.05

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
I take that back you can't download it from the market so I must have got it from that site and that's the latest version it gave me.

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Should i uninstall my previous version before i install the new one.

apl3

Reaction score
I did uninstall mine using Linda Manager so yes. if you do it this way any saved backups will still be there.