Droid 3 Rebooting itself

Epic

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Androidans
I currently own a the beloved DROID 3. I had it for about 1 month and it has never given me any issues and it was originally purchased from eBay. The ESN is clean but I don't have it activated, I just use it like an iPod, I bought it because In my opinion it works just like an "Overrated" iPod but even better. The thing is that I had night class tonight and decided to leave my Droid 3 at home. When I got back I was on the computer with my Droid next to me, it was On just like I left it 2 hours ago when I left for class, then all of the sudden it rebooted itself!!! I'm sacred and fearing for the worse.... The phone is not rooted it, its all stock. Its never given me any type of problem. It has only being dropped one time but it wasn't from to high when I was mowing the grass and it fell out of my pocket into the lawnmowers floor deck but it has a hard case that I'm sure did its job.
Basically I'm just worried that the rebooting could be a bad sign for my phone. I'm a Full time College student and I can't afford to buy another one at this time. I'm hoping to get feedback from users who have had their phones reboot it self or similar issues.

Cheers,
Epic

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Really? No one has had this problem? 2 weeks and still nothing.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems to happen fairly often to quite a few people. Most likely a buggy driver or something.

pistacio

Reaction score
Which system version are you on? The .906 update fixed some of the random reboots.

Settings>about phone>system update

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.
Pistacio: Yes I have the current OTA update that came out last month (.906) This issue of re-booting it self only happens at random and maybe 2 times a day but some days its fine. Not only does it re-boot it self at random times now I'm also having problems with my physical keyboard. Yesterday while I was typing a message it seemed that the "Space Bar" was not responding and some other letters where sticking as well.

Any thoughts about this 2 things? I don't expect a magical solution but just some thoughts in general about this issues.... I'm kinda stressed about it to be honest.

Thanks

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, in my opinion you have two options. 1) you can root your phone and run a custom ROM. 2) you can do a factory data reset and see if that clears up your issues. I'd probably do a fdr before rooting and flashing. Another option would be to clear cache via stock recovery.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Hi! I'm having exactly the same problem, and I don't know what to do, I SBF to 906, but nothing happened :(

The phone shows no signal on the notification bar, and after that, it just reboots. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

reimer

Reaction score
My experience:

2 Droids 3

a) First died one day, screen starts and few seconds go off. Went to service and said that was a mainboard problem.

b) Bought a second Droid 3 on amazon and was unstable.

Reflashed with 57.906 , factory reset.. still unstable.
Rooted, and reduced CPU to 600 MHZ
and worked more time up.. more stable.

There was one app very useful to generate reboots, SD Card Tester. When using external SD, rebooted, but not using internal.
Tried with several external sd cards, same results.

Send to service.. again.. mainboard....

Now I have 2 Droid 3, one on service and second to send after receiving the first one repaired.