Droid 3 Randomly Deleting Files On External Storage Card?

nuclearbier

Reaction score
I have a PNY Class 10 32GB microsd in my Droid 3, for some reason I am randomly losing media files. This has happened at least 3 or 4 times. I have formatted the card with both my pc then with the phone itself several times. The problem eventually comes back. I think it could have to do with random reboots that occur as well but not 100% sure on that part.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what if anything did you do to resolve it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with this issue: Issue 3692 - android - MediaScanner deletes jpg and gif files - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Otherwise, perhaps a faulty card or some buggy/malicious software. Have you installed any apps that didn't originate from the Android market? I'd consider those first, but even market apps can have bugs that delete files. Just recently, the maker of QuickPic (gallery replacement) released an update because media was getting deleted in certain cases. The problem happened when people renamed folders and the Android media scanner would delete files, possibly related to the bug listed above.