Droid 3 Purchase vs. Droid Bionic Purchase

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since this summer poses us with a difficult decision making process, I thought I would throw it up for a poll. Which of you guys plan to buy the Droid 3? Which of you want the Droid Bionic? And, which are still undecided, or want neither?

Last edited:

bplewis24

Reaction score
My upgrade option is available August 8th, which may be a few days after or before the Bionic is released. Unless some unknown spec/problem causes the Bionic to get crushed in reviews, I'll probably use it on the Bionic.

Then I will either keep it for 2 years, or sell it if the rumored Nexus Prime actually comes to Verizon.

Brandon

Stories

Reaction score
The biggest determinant of whether I buy a Bionic or not will be whether it the battery life is decent or not. If it's horrid, I'm thinking I'll stick it out until the next round of LTE chipsets hits. I need battery life that can at least make it through a day of regular use.

otter34

Reaction score
I've read horrible things about the bionic screen...and seen pictures in support of that also

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Persona

Reaction score
The bionic is to far off to tell but droid 3 is lookIng great to bad I have like 15 months left with my current phone lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ProCompSolutions

Reaction score
Bionic. I have been following the threads and all leaked info. Bionic all the way. My upgrade was ready 2 months ago but I do not want to use it until it comes out

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rlandon

Reaction score
My upgrade is 27 July and will hold out for the Bionic, BUT like a previous post, if the battery life sucks, then I'll look for another or hold out with my Droid1 a little longer.

MS3G35

Reaction score
I'm still undecided. The Droid3 seems like a solid phone. And when it comes out in stores I will def. go get some hands on with it. But I have been following the bionic since Moto first mentioned it. If it comes out with better hardware then I'll prob go with the bionic but if it isn't any better and I don't feel the need to have 4G then I'll def get the Droid 3.

But for now I am still undecided. I can upgrade now or wait till Jan and get $50 off my upgrade. And who knows what will be out by then...