Droid 3 Physical Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by freaknormel, Jul 22, 2012.

1. freaknormel

freaknormel New Member

I am using this droid 3 since almost 8 months now, and now I have problems with my keyboard.
    I had searched on different forums, and saw that more experienced the same problems, some mentioned it to be a software problem.. I had maverick rom 2.5 installed, updated to the latest,( 4.0 i thought ) and problems still occure.
    Some keys like `z,v,spacebar, M, just not working always when pushing normally. When pushing harder, they are working good. So i think it is a hardware problem. I have already tried to clean the keyboard, but looks like it isnt because of dirthy.

I have bought the device from ebay without warranty and they sent it to holland for me, so warranty is not an option. I have to fix it myself. I have already ordered a replacement keyboard from Ebay.
    I want to check the bottom side of the keyboard, but dunno how to open, i couldnt find any vid, or manual of how to. ( i found a video on youtube of how to replace screen , nothing else )

So i wonder, Do i have to open all screws at battery side..which i hope no. Or can i just pull out the keyboard ( like on the previous version , droid 2 , which has a manual on youtube )

Any help will be appreciated..Thanks in advance
  2. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

Go to ifixit.com and you'll find out everything you want to know.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
Search tags for this page
can you replace droid 3 keypad
droid 3 keyboard

droid 3 keyboard fix

droid 3 keyboard issues

droid 3 keyboard keys not working

droid 3 keyboard not working

droid 3 keyboard problems

droid 3 physical keyboard fix

droid 3 physical keyboard not working

droid 3 physical keyboard problems