DROID 3 or Bionic?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by brooklyn2410, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Card

Card Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D1 owner since the day of release!

Haha, this is probably the first phone I've had for over a year in a long time though.

2. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Have any of you experienced dual core though? Holy crap the X2 is unbelievable. I thought this whole time it was blur that was laggy but with the X2 there isn't even a hint of lag and my Droid 2 is running the same version of it. Even with a cpu heavy live wallpaper and a crapload of widgets! So even though the bionic is dualcore and the Droid 3 is, the Droid 3 will be nothing to sneeze at. Downloads and everything will still be lightning fast.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

3. GryphonD

GryphonD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pseudo-Hijack:
    Droid 1 owner since day one here, no other models yet. Still deciding between D3 and Dbnc....

4. destin246

destin246 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant decide d3 has a keyboard so i originally decided on that but the more i look at the bionic the more i want it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

5. GryphonD

GryphonD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D3: 4" screen, somewhat larger KB with # row but same basic KB set up.... No 4G (in my case for future access) Internals..... about the same in my opinion for my usage.

DBnc: Proposed 4.5" screen (may or may not verge on too big), larger screen however is better for any videos and gaming, also would be better for On-Screen KB use possibly making such KBs something I may actually want to use.

Main Debate: Phys KB is great but, thinking on it, when 4G is available in my area I will likely want it and the D3 will not have it. From purchase time, I believe the DBnc would have more longevity as it would already be set up for the new 4G once it hit my area, whereas the D3 although I love the phys KB (granted, on DBnc an on-screen KB would be much larger than the current D1 versions)....., the D3 would be in need of replacement once 4G landed here...............

D3: KB + lesser longevity = 1pnt
    DBnc: 4G - KB+ larger OS-KB+ greater longevity = 2.5pnts

6. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah I do realize that, but I usually sign the 2 year contract because I don't have $600 to shell out for retail price on a phone. And it seems that 1 yr contracts usually tack another $100 onto the price of the phone compared to a 2 yr contract. So I dunno if I will try to go for a one yr contract this time (I might) but I usually go for 2 because the phone cost is cheaper.

7. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    I really dint know exactly where 4G is available yet but I read somewhere that it won't be fully engaged in all markets until 2013 so personally I would take the Droid 3 if you like the keyboard now and in 2 years when you get your next upgrade, 4G will be more widely available and further tested. There is still some question to how well the 4G LTE will hold up. Apparently that is why the Bionic keeps being delayed because they are having problems with the 4G.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

8. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    There are no 1 year contracts anymore. Verizon did away with them a couple months ago.

9. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh crap I remember hearing something about that...that sucks.

Verizon is turning evil. I might just have to leave their BS and go to another carrier.

So what does everyone do then? Pay outrageous retail prices on these phones? Is everyone rich or something? Lol

10. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I know I don't like 2 year contracts either, but Sprint, Tmobile and Att all make you sign 2 year contracts now (20 months). No one is going to keep a phone for 2 years though, so it looks like 1 year one will get a discounted phone and the next year one will have to buy it at full retail or off of ebay used. Example: 1st year $200 bucks plus $500 the next year= $700 divided by 2 years.

11. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    2 year contracts with Verizon weren't bad when you could upgrade every year at the new contract price (if you had a smartphone plan over a certain monthly amount). You had to sign a new 2 year contract every time you did it, but as long as you didn't plan on leaving Verizon any time soon, you were essentially signing a 1 year contract each time. I miss that.

That's pretty much what I always do. When I get bored with a phone, or a new one comes out that I really want, I either pick up a lightly used one or buy one at full retail. I then sell the phone I was using and recoup some of the cost. If you play your cards right (buying and selling popular phones at the right times), it doesn't end up costing much in the long run. Over the past 4 years I've averaged out to pay a total of about $50 per phone that I've had (after selling the one I was previously using). Not bad for having the latest and greatest (or close to it) every few months. If you hold onto a phone for a year or so, it will end up costing you more since the value of the phone will go down. Switching out every few months, while the value of your current phone is still high, works out extremely well, especially if you stick to the higher end phones.

#35 bsweetness, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  12. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes good point. I have sold a couple devices and have made some pretty decent money on them. Swappa and Ebay are great resources.

Search tags for this page

bionic or droid 3

droid bionic 3

is droid 3 like bonic
motorola 3 vs the bionci
should i get a droid 3 or droid bionic