Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
What about those of us that 1) like hardware keyboards and 2) won't see 4G in our area for at least 18 more months?

Oh, wait, we don't count in the consideration, now do we? I for one think it's nice Motorola didn't neglect a large segment of their population. Also, the D3 might be unlocked in the near future. I don't see the Bionic being unlocked any time soon, do you?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone is run on DDr2, why are people still complaining about 512ram? Especially the people looking to get the Bionic. You only have the same amount of available ram use as we do. Your "1gig" of ram, the rest is used for that webtop mode or whatever that is.

This phone is great. Can't wait for root.

@furbearingmammal completely agree. I'm in the same boat you're in more than likely.

compywiz

Reaction score
Also, the D3 might be unlocked in the near future. I don't see the Bionic being unlocked any time soon, do you?

I'm not sure how you can make this wild accusation. The bionic will most likely come with Android 2.3.4 as well, and we don't seem to know how to root it. That means that if the Droid 3 is rooted, the same exploit will probably work on the Bionic, leading to a day0 root for it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Also, the D3 might be unlocked in the near future. I don't see the Bionic being unlocked any time soon, do you?

I'm not sure how you can make this wild accusation. The bionic will most likely come with Android 2.3.4 as well, and we don't seem to know how to root it. That means that if the Droid 3 is rooted, the same exploit will probably work on the Bionic, leading to a day0 root for it.

I agree that the statement is a bit of a jump, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to Motorola potentially unlocking the bootloader, not finding an exploit in order to root the phone. Motorola/Verizon have to allow that directly because of the encryption on it. I think it's safe to say that if Motorola does unlock the bootloader for the Droid 3, the Bionic will probably follow. But don't forget, Motorola only said they'd be open to unlocking them if carriers wanted it, so there's a good chance it might not happen at all.

pyro6128

Reaction score
The phone is run on DDr2, why are people still complaining about 512ram? Especially the people looking to get the Bionic. You only have the same amount of available ram use as we do. Your "1gig" of ram, the rest is used for that webtop mode or whatever that is.

this. the people complaining about ram when comparing it to the bionic have zero clue what they're talking about. You shouldn't speak negatively on a topic you clearly know nothing about, not a good look haha

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score

The Droid 3 has seen its share of rumors, including some from us, well today it became available for purchase at any VZW store. The dual core NVidia powered phone is now available for $199.99 with a two year contract or a no strings attached price of $459. Now this is a great device, except the fact that it’s still running on Verizon’s old CDMA network, making it an outdated-at-launch device. This device is even less attractive when you think of the impending launch of the Droid Bionic in a few weeks.

Who here is excited to get themselves on of these new Droids today?

Via: Engadget

The Droid 3 is powered by a TI4430, not a Tegra.

snowman

Reaction score
"HDMI output, 8MP + 1080p video, DDR2 ram"

now that sounds sweet I may want one , due for an upgrade in a few months

darkmatter

Reaction score

The Droid 3 has seen its share of rumors, including some from us, well today it became available for purchase at any VZW store. The dual core NVidia powered phone is now available for $199.99 with a two year contract or a no strings attached price of $459. Now this is a great device, except the fact that it’s still running on Verizon’s old CDMA network, making it an outdated-at-launch device. This device is even less attractive when you think of the impending launch of the Droid Bionic in a few weeks.

Who here is excited to get themselves on of these new Droids today?

Via: Engadget

The Droid 3 is powered by a TI4430, not a Tegra.

I love the irony of talking about rumors, and getting one of the most important bits of info wrong when implying we're not talking rumors anymore.

I wouldn't call it out of date from the start. Many people don't have prospects of 4g for at least a year, more likely 2-3. Also consider, the more people jump to 4g, the fewer people we have using 3g bandwidth.

Pretty much the difference between D3 and Bionic will be keyboard vs 4g (and screen size, but that should go without saying). Pretty much everything else will be very similar.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

g_what

Reaction score
Am I really the first one to notice that the pic of the D1 is incorrect? It's missing the bottom lip where the microphone and the Verizon logo are located.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Am I really the first one to notice that the pic of the D1 is incorrect? It's missing the bottom lip where the microphone and the Verizon logo are located.

That picture came from a site that sells replacement parts, and in that shot they're talking about the replacement screens. Notice how there's no lip on the Droid 3 either? That's because they're showing off only the replacement screens that they have that can be ordered.

g_what

Reaction score

That picture came from a site that sells replacement parts, and in that shot they're talking about the replacement screens. Notice how there's no lip on the Droid 3 either? That's because they're showing off only the replacement screens that they have that can be ordered.

Ah. Didn't notice the D3 was missing the lip. I was fixated on the D1. Thank you for pointing that out :)