Droid 3 navigation - wtf?

JoeHockey

Reaction score
Last night, I took a 5 hour drive to a friend's house and decided to try the navigation. I took this exact same trip last year and the droid 1 nav worked flawlessly, so I had high expectations for the droid 3.

I've never seen a more bug-riddled nav app before. It spent the entire trip "searching for gps" and rarely showed us as where we were. It quite often actually showed us on the wrong roada, or even moving the wrong way. It's a good thing I already knew the way, because this thing was useless. Even after making sure all of the gps systems were on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mine occasionally has this problem, a reboot seems to fix it.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Its not an issue with the app (thinking it is the app is kinda silly really, when you realize its the same app). Its about the phone initializing the gps. Notice when its searching for gps there's no icon in the notification bar, and when it does this, no app will be able to pull gps.

Is it gingerbread? moto screwing something up? idk.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

lunacie

Reaction score
I use navigation almost every single day since I got D3 friday after pre-order started. Only 3 times have I had the GPS not initialize correctly. I used the power widget to cycle gps on/off once, had to reboot other 2 times. This is with first cut of gingerbread, OTA, and root / no root.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums