Droid 3 Music player issues

sataniceaden

Reaction score
Hi all
before you suggest it i have trolled this forum and google for 3 days to no avail so i finally registered and decided to ask.

ok my issue

i play streaming music and also mp3 files all day long
however the issues i am comming across with is the following
stock music player stops play 2 min after screen goes to sleep
tunin radio stops streaming 2 min after sleep

what i have done
i have put power mode on to performance and also tried customer
i have checked and i have no applications on auto kill
i have gone to advanced wifi settings and turned it to never turn off wifi
for tunin i have disabled the auto sleep function

the only way i can get these applications to keep playing is to have the screen constantly on and well that gives me about 4hrs battery

i am coming from a blackberry torch and i never had this issues
yes this is my first android and again i have put in alot of trolling efort i even rooted the phone for the sheer sake of trying that and making sure that there was no applications that had auto killl

any help appreciated

Regards

technogeek00

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums!

This would be extremely frustrating, but lets see what we can find.

It seems like there is an automated task killer at work. If you use a third-party task killer or Motorola's bundled "Task Manager" it could be automatically killing the Music app, Music service, or any of the Gallery services (methods within them are used by the system for some odd reason). If you are using a third-party task killer, remove it from your phone and see if this fixes the problem. You could add the services to the Do not kill list, but at the same time, you do not need a task killer, especially on Android 2.3. Now if it is the case that you are using the Motorola bundled manager, remove any processes related to the music player and the gallery. If you are not using any task killer then this will not work, sorry, I found this solution from this thread:
Music Player Quits after a Few Minutes - Google Mobile Help
Reply by DroidX2-Guy: "I have a Droid X2 and had the same problem of the stock Music Player stopping a few minutes after the Screen went black. The solution was to remove the Gallery from the stock Task Manager that came with the phone. Apparently the Music app and Gallery app use some of the same functions, and Task Manager kills Music when it kills Gallery. Worked like a charm!"
Other posts with similar solutions:
http://www.google.ru/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=0e9de570d9d9d0ee&hl=en

Also found one over in Droid Pro
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/101463-music-randomly-stopping.html#post1044705

I will continue to look for different solutions in the mean time.

Cheers.

Last edited:
OP
S

sataniceaden

Reaction score
Thanks for that but as I stated I have already gone through those posts and tried all options thank you for trying though.
On a side note im going to factory the phone and leave it un rooted and see how I go from there.
Regards
Sataniceaden

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Some apps will have an auto task killer added in as an added "feature". The killing of apps 2 minutes after the screen goes off certainly makes it sounds like this is the case with you. I seem to remember reading about an app or launcher that has that exact feature--exactly 2 minutes--but I can't remember what it was. A simple thing to try is to run your phone in safe mode and try it out. This disables all of the applications that you've installed.

OP
S

sataniceaden

Reaction score
Hi all
thank you so much for the assistance,
my issue has been resolved not sure what did it basically last night i factorized my phone re-rooted the phone (non rom)
and reinstalled all the apps when through all the programs and removed them from the auto kill list turned off the phone turned it back on and issues is resolved.

Thank you all so much

on a side note is it worth installing a custom rom on the phone
i like the moto blur look but i would like to get rid of the verizon apps as i live in Australia and don't use verizon
another question on this is their any desktop software that i can install to manage my phone (use to the blackberry desktop manager)

thanks a million once again