Droid 3 major issue, help?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by gambit07, Aug 27, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I was taking some applications off a droid 3 and removed ContactsData.apk. This was not a smart move because the phone would FC constantly. I ran ADB and tried to push an install of the ContactsData.apk which worked, I was able to get into the phone again however I kept having random FC's such as Skype, Contacts, etc. So I figured I didn't want to try and patch it anymore and that I'd just start from scratch, I did a full data/cache wipe and restarted the phone. Here is where I have a serious problem. I am able to boot the phone up however the same FC's I was getting before are still present. Also I can now not get past the opening android screen where it asks you to create a account, use backup assistant, etc. It just keeps looping me through those same options endlessly. I've tried wiping the phone 3 or 4 times now and am still coming up with the same issue. Any help on this or am I screwed?
  2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    well a factory reset can only wipe user data and cant restore deleted system files as there is no special/hidden location it pulls files from to restore what you deleted. That is why you dont remove stuff without knowledge of what you are removing.

Look for the system image that was posted a while back and pull the apps and odex files of what you deleted.
  3. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, makes sense. Unfortunately I now can't get into ADB to install those apps. I was able to before, any suggestions?

Edit: I know why it won't connect, because I reset the phone the Debugger is no longer on and I can't think of a way to access it.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. tat2dwitetrash

tat2dwitetrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings> applications> development> usb debugging

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. mrailing

mrailing New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page