Droid 3 issues after rooting. PLEASE HELP!!!

gabrielorion24

Reaction score
Okay so yesterday i rooted my device using the Motofail rooting method, and everything wworked completly fine until about 1:00 today. I slide out the keyboard to reply to a text and the screen turned black and the phone shut off completly. Did not automactically reboot. everytime i try to open the keyboard the phone shuts off. I did not have this problem before i rooted the phone, and even after i rooted it until earliar today. And now the phone is being complelty wack, if i shake it, or if it moves at all what so ever, the phone will shut off and i have to pull out the battery and put it back in to get the phone to boot back up. Ive been messing with it ever since the problem occured and sometimes when i try turning it back on when i take my finger off the power button the phone will stop booting up and just turn off again, and yet again i have to pull the battery to get it to boot back up. Im not sure what i did to it but its very annoying and agrivating. I just got this refurbished model on last wednesday because i cracked the screen on my last one. Please if you have any information on this let me know. I dont want to have to buy another refurb because i messed up this one.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm root shouldn't have done anything like that by itself... may just be bad timing... you saying if you move or shake the phone scares me and makes me think its a hardware issue not a software one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gabrielorion24

Reaction score
I dont know what to do.. should i post a video of what happens to see if anyone has tips on what is happening?? i really need help with this

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
OP
G

gabrielorion24

Reaction score
Well now to make matters worse, the phone wont stay on for like more thatn 20 minutes. I have to pull the battery multiple times to boot it after it turnsoff. when i plug it into the charger it turns off, and displays a lilttle batttery with a question mark in it??? and yet again i have to pull the battery and boot it back up