1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 3 is best selling Android on VZ

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by patfactorx, Nov 14, 2011.

1. patfactorx

patfactorx New Member

http://www.npdgroup.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/pressreleases/pr_111114a

Not surprised though
  2. DELUXDroid

DELUXDroid New Member

Me neither. One of top 5 phones on the market right now hands down, if not top 3. #1 Qwerty Phone. :)
  3. mikedyk43

mikedyk43 New Member

Its all about the keyboard. If you want a physical keyboard what else are you going to get? Don't get me wrong I love this phone, but it was the slide out qwerty that sold me.
  4. patfactorx

patfactorx New Member

Yeah I still refuse to get phone without a landscape keyboard. E-mails are still one of the top uses for smartphones and it's painful to screen tap out replies.
  5. mikedyk43

mikedyk43 New Member

No kidding, have you ever tried to use your thumbs to type on a virtual keyboard? It's a dissaster.
  6. McBowfles

McBowfles New Member

I agree the D3's keyboard is by far the best I've used so far. I held on to my G1 for so long just because of the physical keyboard and the lack thereof in other phones. I believe the epic4g from sprint had a decent keyboard from what I remember, and is the only other phone with a comparable keyboard. I think I'll be going with the nexus or it's predecessor when the time comes, though. I'm sick and tired of these manufacturers overlaying their **** on top of android and delaying updates for months on end, only to then release something full of bugs. My hope is that Google's acquisition of Moto is quick and smooth and the next nexus is a moto phone with a keyboard. I doubt that will happen though with ICS eliminating hardware keys all together.
  7. term

term New Member

Exactly why Verizon & Moto NEED to unlock the bootloader so we can put STOCK gingerbread/ICS on! Blur sucks, camera is way too slow still and I get almost continuous app rebuilds/screen blank refreshes.