Droid 3 extended battery question

MechaKhari

Reaction score
My extended battery just came in the other day and I was happy due to the fact my stock was becoming so bad. My question though is how do I calibrate it properly, I'm getting a few extra hours now but I was wondering I would be able to get even more hours with the battery? Yesterday I got about the same amount I would with my stock and today I'm getting a bit more :icon_eek: How long does it take? Am I on the right path or not? Thanks in advance!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You need to charge to 100%, use it until the battery indicator is at 15% (or says to plug in your charger), then recharge back to 100%. It just makes the meter and the battery sync. After doing that, your meter should show the correct percentage and you can go longer without the phone telling you to plug in.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hate to hijack, but where did you get your extended battery? Is it the Motorola's brand or aftermarket? And how much did you get it for? I've been wanting to get one...

OP
MechaKhari

MechaKhari

Reaction score
Hate to hijack, but where did you get your extended battery? Is it the Motorola's brand or aftermarket? And how much did you get it for? I've been wanting to get one...

Got one from amazon for about 12 bucks i believe

OP
MechaKhari

MechaKhari

Reaction score
Ok, cool. Thank you. Did you get your battery calibrated right? :)
No idea. I've been running since 6am and its almost 2pm and I have about 44% left which is better than my stock. However I heard it can go even longer than this, and I've yet to do the charge where I turn off my phone while charging

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No idea. I've been running since 6am and its almost 2pm and I have about 44% left which is better than my stock. However I heard it can go even longer than this, and I've yet to do the charge where I turn off my phone while charging

You should try that when possible. It might help quite a bit. And let it sit at 100% for about an hour or 2.

OP
MechaKhari

MechaKhari

Reaction score
You should try that when possible. It might help quite a bit. And let it sit at 100% for about an hour or 2.
I'm at work with 43% left, would doing a full power off charge be effective now or should I just wait for it to hit 15% again

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Wait till you hit 15%. That's what I'd do.

OP
MechaKhari

MechaKhari

Reaction score
Okay so I'm still calibrating and I got like 21 hours out of my phone this last charge, however I was not actively using it, when I actively use my phone I still only get about 8-10 hours is that just the limit?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
There really isn't a "limit" to how long you're allowed to use your phone. It's all about how much you use it. If you're on it 99% of the time and your display is on the whole time, your battery life will be considerably less than if it were just sitting idle. 21 hours seems really good just sitting, 8-10 hours seems really good if your were using it non-stop. Medium usage would warrant a number between thos two figures. Like I said, it's all about how much you use it.