Droid 3 email storage

nanr

Reaction score
After speaking with Verizon and Motorola, I'm told that I can only access last 30 days of my emails on my Droid 3, even if I've set the phone to never delete.....Very frustrating! didn't realize this or I wouldn't have bought the phone... Anyone have any different info on this? Any remedies? Thanks

pistacio

Reaction score
That's BS. I have emails from YEARS ago, both on my gmail app and email app.

If the emails are on the email servers, you have access to them on your phone.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
If you delete an email, it goes into the "TRASH CAN" and it will self delete in 30 days!!! You need to "Archive" them, or Set up a "separate folder" to put them in, or leave them in your "Inbox"! If all you do is read them from your phone, then they will stay in your inbox. Then your good to go!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Edit : Just to clarify, you meant emails right? I'm thinking that person misunderstood you and was thinking Voicemails! Voicemails work/do different things also!

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, yes they will stay as long as you don't delete on device.

I just wanted to stress that you can access older emails, contrary to what Verizon and Motorola told you...scroll down and hit "load more messages".

OP
N

nanr

Reaction score
Droid 3 email storage proble

Thanks for clarifying, yes they will stay as long as you don't delete on device.

I just wanted to stress that you can access older emails, contrary to what Verizon and Motorola told you...scroll down and hit "load more messages".

Thanks for the replies......I don't have the option to "load more messages"....I've removed my email account and re-loaded it, and at that point, I had the option to "load more messages"...It took 45 minutes to reload and I still only have messages back to June 12th.....I've scrolled to the bottom and only go back to June 12th....no longer see "load more messages"...One Motorola tech said I could only go back 60 days.....Called again and tech "apologized" and said that I could only go back 30 days....told me only phones with Ice Cream sandwich software had unlimited access..She said that the RAZR was only phone that could do it...I had a Blackberry before this and I could go back years to check emails! I'm thinking it's my phone, but if Motorola insists that I have limited access, I'm not sure if they'll replace it....I get a lot of emails with my business.....Could it be a storage issue? I try to eliminate unnecesssary emails on my phone but they stay on the server...One motorola tech implied that I may have too many...she said that the Droid 3 has 8GB internal memory for all usage on phone; email, apps, etc. She said that adding external memory won't help with the email...only give me more for apps, which I rarely use.....I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another 10 months, so I feel stuck....

OP
N

nanr

Reaction score
I'm leaving any messages that I want to keep in my "INBOX".....still only have access back to June 12th....I've had the phone since September~

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
It would probably help if you posted what type of e-mail you're using and the e-mail client. i.e. Gmail on the web, gmail via the gmail app, pop3 with the native app, Exchange with Touchdown, IMAP, etc . . . .