Droid 3 doesn't boot after ROM flash

touche112

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I installed Safestrap, made a nandroid and also did the normal backup when you switch to safe mode.

I installed Selfkang ICS, and clicked reboot, and now my phone doesn't turn on...at all... Its been 20-ish minutes.

What's up with it? I heard it takes a while to reboot after a ROM flash, but...I'm kinda freaked, haha.

OP
touche112

touche112

Reaction score
Oh, and I know it says just one post, but I've been lurking for quite a long time, I was originally on a Droid X, so I'm not a ROM newbie, haha, just with this new Droid 3 stuff I am. Haha

rvcjew

Reaction score
can you get into the bootloader at all with power-M? it will have fastboot options, ect. EDIT: it has to be asked at some point, have you done a battery pull?

trulromeo79

Reaction score
same issue here too please help

Need a sbf file not blocked by feds would be nice.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
go here (links do not work, that I know of) here is a link to my mirror, it has both fastboot and petes one click root in it

follow the directions in the OP to Fastboot your phone (much easier than a SBF imo)

once you're back up you'll be completely stock, go here and reroot using psouzas one click method

once rooted, go here and install Safestrap. This will keep you from having to do all this again :biggrin:

then go here and read about backing/up and flashing using Safestrap

(Big Props to Guidot for these guides)

Then you should be good to go. If you have any questions or get stuck, let us know.