droid 3 crashed verizon sendinfg replacement Tuesday how can I move my free aps

djs127

Reaction score
My droid 3 crashed and went to verizon store and they will send me a replacement whcih will get to my house on Tuesday.
Anything I can do to move my applications to the new phone?
David Snyder

Tepes

Reaction score
Use Titanium Backup (free or paid on the market, worth paying) and you can backup all your apps. Then make sure you put the backup folder on the sd card. Then you can simply put the sd card in the new phone, download TiBu again and restore.

Sent from my Hitchhikers Guide mark 2

mamawm

Reaction score
if you are not rooted you can use astro, also free in market, to backup apps to sd. then put sd in new phone.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Easiest way is to wait and see if they download onto the new phone when you log in. If not, you can go to the market on a computer (Google Android market), log in with your Gmail info and every app you have ever installed is in your history. You can send them straight to your phone. Your app data will be lost, but if your phone crashed and you can't turn it on, its already gone.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
D

djs127

Reaction score
if you are not rooted you can use astro, also free in market, to backup apps to sd. then put sd in new phone.

Thanks I downloaded astro and copied the applications to the sd card.
Does this copy the application data as well?
David Snyder

mamawm

Reaction score
It has been a while since I backed up apps with astro, and I honestly don't remember. If memory serves, it did hold on to data on some apps, but not all. astro is so much more advanced now than it was in the early days, I believe there is a way now to find the data and copy to sd all within astro, but I can't confirm this.