Droid 3 ClockworkMod FOUND!

somemadcaaant

Reaction score
I've successfully backed up to the sd ext card, works fine tho I have yet to restore from it.

-smc

Reaction score
Noob question: once im in CWM and I choose backup/restore, does this just backup my phone or does it restore everything aswell? All I want to do is backup my phone but im a little nervous about just diving in head first

sent from Rooted Droid 3 using Droid Forums

somemadcaaant

Reaction score
Nah it gives you a sub menu of backup, restore etc from there, it will not do a backup and restore together.

-smc

Zjones1994

Reaction score
So this going to be a stupid question but this is my first droid, i just rooted my droid (using petes motorola root tool) and i want to backup my phone, but how do install the file?

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Not stupid at all. Use the built in files app (or another filemanager like astro). You need to load the file (.apk) on a microsd card and put that in the phone. Make sure option in phone to allow non trusted installations is checked. Edit: AND turn usb debugging on. Then browse to it using the aforementioned app(s) and select it to install. Once the app is installed, open it. Install recovery, check the checkbox to have it available or whatever the wording is...

Then you can turn off your phone, then hold m down and press power button to get boot menu... ...there is a video above of all the rest...

Obviously you must have root. ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited: