Droid 3 - Camera Issues after Update

Shoe09

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I got an update to my phone two days ago (not exactly sure what the update was). My camera stopped working directly after. I've done some researching through these forums and others and this is what's going on.

Issue: When I try to open my stock camera, it begins to load w/ the black screen and picture of the camera. It then freezes. Half the time it goes to a force close and the other half of the time it shuts down and says "Camera is unable to initialize"

Actions: My phone isn't rooted. I have tried running the camera, clearing the data and cache of the camera, and doing a battery pull. I have also tried doing a factory reset erasing internal storage, but not my sd card. I also downloaded an app that test hardware on my phone (before the fdr)

Results: Nothing! My camera still won't work. I was thinking I should take it in and get a replacement, which I might have to this weekend. But the app that tests the hardware said the cameras (primary and secondary) were working just fine, which makes me think I don't need a replacement.

Any suggestions outside of "take it Verizon and get a replacement" would be greatly appreciated! I'll go there saturday or sunday if I still can't find a fix.

OP
S

Shoe09

Reaction score
Updated (and partial bump) So I used to use 360 camera sometimes and was getting the same error. I downloaded pudding camera and camera magic. Both of these apps will load (however pretty laggy). The picture remains black though. So I'll see the UI for the app and I can go to the options of the app (to change resolution, timers, quality, etc) but no picture appears.

I don't know if that helps or makes it more complicated...