DROID 3 BLUR-Less =)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I know theres many posts about the Droid 3. But I found some really good information on the upcoming device. According to an infamous VZW engineer, the D3 will be
  • Dual Core
  • Better Keyboard
  • Stock Android 2.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich Launch Device?)
  • NO BLUR
That information was from a tweet he posted back in February. He followed that piece of information with this tweet: "An Who said it HAD to be a moto device?? "Droid" is a Verizon leased trademark.. Remember that with ya locked bootloaders.. lol"

Now I'm not sure what that means. But what I do know is that THIS will be my next phone.

Here are the tweets he posted: Twitter, Twitter

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Again, old news. Others, who are equally trusted Motorola engineers, said not to count on it coming to market with an unlocked bootloader and no Blur. At the time of these posts, they also dumped part of the code from the phone online. They said that at the time it was unlocked and Blur-less, but that neither of those were expected to remain that way. Since that time there hasn't been any further information put out there besides additional shots of the screen and a targeted release date of sometime towards the end of June.

Last edited:
OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Again, old new. Others, who are equally trusted Motorola engineers, said not to count on it coming to market with an unlocked bootloader and no Blur. At the time of these posts, they also dumped part of the code from the phone online. They said that at the time it was unlocked and Blur-less, but that neither of those were expected to remain that way. Since that time there hasn't been any further information put out there besides additional shots of the screen and a targeted release date of sometime towards the end of June.
lol again, must of missed it. but one can never be too sure who to trust nowadays. there are so many "credible" sources releasing different information.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Again, old new. Others, who are equally trusted Motorola engineers, said not to count on it coming to market with an unlocked bootloader and no Blur. At the time of these posts, they also dumped part of the code from the phone online. They said that at the time it was unlocked and Blur-less, but that neither of those were expected to remain that way. Since that time there hasn't been any further information put out there besides additional shots of the screen and a targeted release date of sometime towards the end of June.
lol again, must of missed it. but one can never be too sure who to trust nowadays. there are so many "credible" sources releasing different information.

There are few sources I trust, but when you've got folks who have never been wrong with their info on a Motorola device, you've got to believe that what they say is very likely.

Along with black_man_x, you'll get the most accurate information on Motorola devices over on Howard Forums. This is the thread on the Droid 3 - Motorola DROID 3 Pre-release Thread

A substantial amount of the leaked information on Motorola devices originally comes from a few posters there and black_man_x. Heck, you can see some of the code from the Droid 3 that was posted back in February on there.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Dual Core - Very very likley. Although the 1.2 GHz CPU in the D2G is already really good, but a dual core wont hurt if it isnt a battery killer, which I think it will be. I have heard the dual cores can be very efficient but I dont think Moto will get it right.

Better Keyboard - Leaked photos point to yes.

Stock Android 2.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich Launch Device?) - I highly doubt it considering the original launch date was to come very soon. Yes it has been pushed back but I just dont see it.

NO BLUR - Considering it is a moto, I highly doubt that. I dont think any of there current phones ship with out blur and i dont for see this changing tbh.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
awesome..thanks for sharing this =]

No problem. I'm incredibly excited about this phone, and I've been trying to follow every little bit of information since things starting leaking out in February. It's pretty much exactly what I've been wanting - a 4" high resolution screen (wouldn't mind 4.3", but a 4" will do just fine), a good keyboard with a dedicated number row, front facing camera, and global capabilities. A substantially improved camera (rumored to be 8 mp, but hopefully it's an improvement from the one in the Droid X) would be icing on the cake.

Global capabilities are more important to me than LTE at this point, so the Droid 3 is looking pretty darn close to perfect.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Even Black_man_x confirmed yesterday that it will come with Blur:

"And its not like moto gives a crap about u. droid3.. yea cld have been great but they wanna blur the lines. (See what I did there)"

Twitter

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Even Black_man_x confirmed yesterday that it will come with Blur:

"And its not like moto gives a crap about u. droid3.. yea cld have been great but they wanna blur the lines. (See what I did there)"

Twitter
well that blows more than a whale blows water =/

Droid101

Reaction score
I doubt it'll come with 2.4 the release of the phone is sooner than the release of 2.4. 2.3 coming with it is very possible and should be what it comes with.:)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I doubt it'll come with 2.4 the release of the phone is sooner than the release of 2.4. 2.3 coming with it is very possible and should be what it comes with.:)

2.3 was running on the Droid 3 that was recently benchmarked.

bL33d

Reaction score
I cant believe anyone would buy a device with a locked boot loader if there are better devices to be had that are open.

Why limit ur choices for customization if u don't have to....

I won't buy another locked device if that means eventually going back to apple one day so be it (jail broken). But I hope there will always be at least a few open phones wish Verizon would get a nexus s.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess that comes down to each individuals perceptions of "better". To me Moto is "better" than HTC and Samsung. Personally I would never own an HTC nor Samsung. But I suppose I should say that MIGHT change one day. But until then I see Moto as Nike and HTC as Prowings or Reebok.....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Guess that comes down to each individuals perceptions of "better".

Agreed. In my experience, Motorola makes better all-around quality phones. Add to that what looks to be a great physical keyboard, a high resolution screen, front facing camera, dual core processor, and global capabilities. There isn't another phone on the market that meets all of those categories. For me, that's by far better.

Sure there might be devices out there that are more "open" from a hackability standpoint, but for what my needs are, that's just a fun bonus and not a necessity.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree with the last 2 posts 100%. Especially this part:

Sure there might be devices out there that are more "open" from a hackability standpoint, but for what my needs are, that's just a fun bonus and not a necessity.

I dont get it. Android, ANY Android phone out the box is almost limitless as far as customizations. There are things one can customize on an Android phone out the box that some phones cant. if you think about it, most of the customization from custom ROMs can be pieced together from apps. Now if its kernel optimizations, thats another story...lol Even with kernels, with these next wave of phones I dont see anyone having to overclock for better performance. And with SetCPU you can downclock for battery life if you need to so...

Bottom line is full custom ROMs isnt the end all be all for Android. I look at it the same way, an added bonus. Custom ROMs can make an already decent phone better, but its not like the phone is no good unless it has a custom ROM. This isnt 2008. Android has come along nicely since then.

Last edited: