Droid 3 bluetooth issues

krazyace38

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea what the problem is with the bluetooth on Droid 3? I posted earlier a question about it and got no response. I would appreciate someone getting back to me on that please. I love the site guys keep up the good work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea what the problem is with the bluetooth on Droid 3? I posted earlier a question about it and got no response. I would appreciate someone getting back to me on that please. I love the site guys keep up the good work.

I would first try unpairing (deleting) the headset from your phone entirely, then doing a scan and reconnecting with it.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mike but I've done that It's the only way it will connect

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mike but I've done that It's the only way it will connect

Have you tried going to setting/apps/manage applications/all/bluetooth share and clearing the data?

Last edited:
OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks Mike that solved the issue

Loopa

Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I thought I was the only one having this Bluetooth problem. Verizon couldnt help me. I have already paired-unpaired...many times. I just tried this and Im going out to the car to see if it helps. Question:

How often do I have to go in and clear the data? Any idea?

Also: I've had the Droid 3 about a month and have this problem from the beginning. I've scoured the internet and it seems this is a common problem. Any scuttlebutt about a software update in the future to correct this?

Any info I would appreciate.

Thanks!

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I thought I was the only one having this Bluetooth problem. Verizon couldnt help me. I have already paired-unpaired...many times. I just tried this and Im going out to the car to see if it helps. Question:

How often do I have to go in and clear the data? Any idea?

Also: I've had the Droid 3 about a month and have this problem from the beginning. I've scoured the internet and it seems this is a common problem. Any scuttlebutt about a software update in the future to correct this?

Any info I would appreciate.

Thanks!

This is something that should not happen, so as far as frequency of having to do this, the only answer is as required. I have noticed that this has a high tendancy of happening when phone software is changed (ROM) or an OTA update is applied. It seems that this can sometimes create an error between the reinstalled app and its old data. I have had this problem numerous times in the past, but it always seems to be associated with updating software, if you get this problem frequently without any software changes, you might consider exchanging your phone due to hardware mulfunction.

Last edited:
OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
I started having problems again so i googled Motorola problems with Plantronics Bluetooth headsets and found out there's a known issue and that they both are working on a fix so i didnt want to wait so i just bought a new headset yesterday and everything is good.