Droid 3 Bluetooth API Not Working

CGherb

Reaction score
Hi,

I"m developing a Bluetooth application that uses the standard bluetooth api calls to connect to a spp device. I am able to connect to the device with this app on all other phones except the droid 3. I did a sanity check with the google bluetooth chat application and found that the chat application can't create a bluetooth connection.

It seems that the Droid 3 implementation of Bluetooth is not adhering to the standard bluetooth api calls. Has anyone else seen this?

gynneth

Reaction score
Yes, the bluetooth will not work properly with my plantronics, my in car bluetooth or my husband's in car bluetooth. We both drive caddy's and so we are sure that the issue lies with motorola's software. Plus, if I have bluetooth enabled on this phone and I get a call and answer it I cannot hear. It will also just bump me off the bluetooth and not be able to hear the person on speakerphone or through the regular speakers, I am trying not to turn the phones in and go back to the droid 1, they worked perfect.

Hi,

I"m developing a Bluetooth application that uses the standard bluetooth api calls to connect to a spp device. I am able to connect to the device with this app on all other phones except the droid 3. I did a sanity check with the google bluetooth chat application and found that the chat application can't create a bluetooth connection.

It seems that the Droid 3 implementation of Bluetooth is not adhering to the standard bluetooth api calls. Has anyone else seen this?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I've had no problems with the Bluetooth on my Droid 3. I've used it with a 4+ year old LG headset, the Motorola Roadster, as well as several PC's for (legal) tethering and file transfer, with old USB dongles, as well as built in chips in newer laptops.

I find it exceedingly hard to believe they did something magically different with the Bluetooth stack for the Droid 3. It is simply a standard. It is much more plausible, given the lack of other threads here and other top name Android forums (zero?), that you have a faulty device, or are simply doing something wrong. Sorry...

adamstuart07

Reaction score
Droid 3 friend please write what exactly error you got on the time of connection and also mention what the you all ready do for solving the problem.....

Randoid

Reaction score
Audio Streaming FAIL to JVC Head Unit

After my phone has been rebooted, I can connect to my JVC stereo and stream audio from the SD card, Pandora or other streaming apps. BUT if I shut the stereo off the on, the JVC shows the BT connected and the D3 shows BT audio streaming but no sound. If I unpair/repair it's fine again. Definitely repeatable!

So I tried my wife’s D3, EXACT same thing. Last night I dug out my old HTC Hero and guess what? It works every time!

Yes I also have 2 Jawbones and they never have an issue but the D3 definitely does not want to always play with the JVC.