Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Apr 29, 2011.

1. LewD1

LewD1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hands on Dummy Droid 3

I didn't see any of the specs confirmed in this thread, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to add...Im a rep for verizon and we had a training tonight with a Motorola rep who had a Dummy model of the Droid 3!!!

IF it is anything like the model he had & the specs sheet with it, it is going to be 4'' screen (qHD) dual core, global, 5 row QWERTY keyboard, VGA front camera, 8mp 1020HD record/playback rear camera and should be released around the end of June. NO 4G...

And he wouldn't give me a definite answer on wether or not it would be a locked bootloader, but Im assuming it is, as it will run the same motorblur version as the X2 dancedroid

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Boo on motoblur. But d3 will be my next phone. I must have physical kb, and d3 is pretty much the only option. The only other phone that interests me is thee xperia pro, or maybe even play. But last I looked, there was no word on what carrier gets xperia pro.

Where I live, switching carriers is also not an option. Vzw is the only carrier with decent service, and I don't expect 4g to arrive until the very end of the 4g rollout...if even then.

3. satoru

satoru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uhm d2g has great keyboard

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Weird how sometimes I can edit from tapatalk and sometimes not. I just realized I repeated myself pretty good there, and was gonna edit, lol.

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    But d2 isn't that much better than a rooted/rom'd d1. the d3 is a big step up. Enough of a step from d1 to put up with blur.

6. LewD1

LewD1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I have a rooted D1, and its better than a stock D2.
    I'm hoping that the recent statement made by a Motorola rep regarding device development in the near future will hold true and that Motorola will make upcoming phones with unlocked bootloaders.

The D3 dummy I was holding was very sleek, a slim chrome trim around the edge, a matte black back. Fit nice in the hands (dunno about the weight and materials, as it was a model) but it looked and felt great.

The specs are going to fit between the x2 and bionic/targa.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. MoeDaddy

MoeDaddy Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Those that say why no 4g have to remember that the majority of people are not in a 4g area and will not be for some time. Plus the fact that others don't even care about 4g speeds because many smartphone users just do txt, email, facebook and some light web browsing. So why do they care about 4g?

8. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant understand why they dont have 4G. Even T-Mobile has an Android powered 4G Sidekick out now. I guess the 4G phones will roll out soon, maybe Winter.

9. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Tmobile doesn't have a dual core LTE handset out yet sorry. big difference

10. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    There's a big difference between T-Mobile's 4G, which is really just an extension of 3G, and LTE which is a completely different technology from CDMA. So it's not fair or accurate to compare the quickness in which companies are able to take advantage of the networks. One is just a slight tweak of what they've already been using for years (T-Mobile) and the other is entirely different and new (Verizon).

And as sb1831 pointed out, there's also a difference with dual core processors that Motorola is trying to work out with LTE (Bionic, Xoom, etc.). This is particularly the case with the Tegra 2 chip.

So yeah, two very different situations with different networks and different hardware.

11. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    That's me. I would not want to give up any battery life, weight, size or network reliability for 4G. Now if I were allowed to tether within any tiered pricing (when it comes) without extra cost above that for the tier that I choose then I would be more likely to want 4G.

12. Jasko

Jasko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never used a phone with this Motoblur UI. Why's it so bad? lol

Search tags for this page
does a motorola droid 2 have a front camera
does motorola droid 2 a955 hve a front camera

does the droid 2 a955 have a front facing camera

does the motorola droid 2 a955 have a front camera

does the motorola droid 2 a955 have a front facing camera?