Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Are we sure they don't have 4G? Or are we just assuming because we presume we'd know?

Between all of the information given out by highly trusted insiders and the leaks, it's pretty much a sure thing.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I can't wait for D3. I bought the tbolt and had it for a week before I returned it. For me battery life>4g. I love my droid 1, its still goin strong.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

music life

Reaction score
so we looking at a may or june roll out? any later and targa will win over some people on the ropes imo.

may launch and i will get over a 4g device and most likely purchase this if indeed running dual core.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
so we looking at a may or june roll out? any later and targa will win over some people on the ropes imo.

may launch and i will get over a 4g device and most likely purchase this if indeed running dual core.

Someone around here who works for Verizon said they were told late June in a meeting recently.

Coflropter

Reaction score
Is this going to be a Droid X sized phone? Because I know some 4 inch screen phones feel a lot bigger than others. Like the Droid X. It's just way too big for me.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The size of the OG would be ideal... 4g is not a deal breaker as by the time this phone is out the prices of 4g might not make sense...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is this going to be a Droid X sized phone? Because I know some 4 inch screen phones feel a lot bigger than others. Like the Droid X. It's just way too big for me.

The Droid X is 4.3" and this is supposed to be 4". That .3" might not sound like a big difference, but it really is. A lot of people seem to think that 4" is the sweet spot for a phone. I personally loved the 4.3" screen on the Droid X and never found it too big. 4" is the compromise that everyone seems to be happy with for the most part.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
And yesterday on Twitter, Black_man_x also indirectly confirmed that it will have Blur:

"And its not like moto gives a crap about u. droid3.. yea cld have been great but they wanna blur the lines. (See what I did there)"

Twitter

music life

Reaction score
hmm would love this to come out early june(like first week)

then i would be able to try out the X2 and this to see which i like better. love the X but also LOVE the physical keyboard.

come on moto show us an early June release :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

then i would be able to try out the X2 and this to see which i like better. love the X but also LOVE the physical keyboard.

I would love that as well, but all indications are the end of June. :(

I guess they're closely following the release pattern last year of the Droid X and the Droid 2.

music life

Reaction score

I would love that as well, but all indications are the end of June. :(

I guess they're closely following the release pattern last year of the Droid X and the Droid 2.

danngggg. end of june is to late :(

X2 then...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm in love with this phone. Perfect upgrade from my D1. TOO bad I'm getting LTE this year and I'd like to take advantageous of it.

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
Indications to end of June? Not during June? That's when I'll get a new phone. Also, how much would it be since it's not 4G? And lastly, since I know 4G is growing, would getting a 4G phone now be ideal or no? Or should I just get a 3G phone for now and get a 4G phone when this phone is up?

music life

Reaction score
Indications to end of June? Not during June? That's when I'll get a new phone. Also, how much would it be since it's not 4G? And lastly, since I know 4G is growing, would getting a 4G phone now be ideal or no? Or should I just get a 3G phone for now and get a 4G phone when this phone is up?

not sure exactly when its coming out. would be nice to get a nice update on this phone...

as for price. id guess 200$ but thats only a guess. And for getting a 3g or 4g phone. it all depends on if your in a 4g area.