Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

darkmatter

Reaction score
Weird how sometimes I can edit from tapatalk and sometimes not. I just realized I repeated myself pretty good there, and was gonna edit, lol.

darkmatter

Reaction score
But d2 isn't that much better than a rooted/rom'd d1. the d3 is a big step up. Enough of a step from d1 to put up with blur.

LewD1

Reaction score
But d2 isn't that much better than a rooted/rom'd d1. the d3 is a big step up. Enough of a step from d1 to put up with blur.

I agree, I have a rooted D1, and its better than a stock D2.
I'm hoping that the recent statement made by a Motorola rep regarding device development in the near future will hold true and that Motorola will make upcoming phones with unlocked bootloaders.

The D3 dummy I was holding was very sleek, a slim chrome trim around the edge, a matte black back. Fit nice in the hands (dunno about the weight and materials, as it was a model) but it looked and felt great.

The specs are going to fit between the x2 and bionic/targa.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Those that say why no 4g have to remember that the majority of people are not in a 4g area and will not be for some time. Plus the fact that others don't even care about 4g speeds because many smartphone users just do txt, email, facebook and some light web browsing. So why do they care about 4g?

NVash

Reaction score
I cant understand why they dont have 4G. Even T-Mobile has an Android powered 4G Sidekick out now. I guess the 4G phones will roll out soon, maybe Winter.

sb1831

Reaction score
Tmobile doesn't have a dual core LTE handset out yet sorry. big difference

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I cant understand why they dont have 4G. Even T-Mobile has an Android powered 4G Sidekick out now. I guess the 4G phones will roll out soon, maybe Winter.

There's a big difference between T-Mobile's 4G, which is really just an extension of 3G, and LTE which is a completely different technology from CDMA. So it's not fair or accurate to compare the quickness in which companies are able to take advantage of the networks. One is just a slight tweak of what they've already been using for years (T-Mobile) and the other is entirely different and new (Verizon).

And as sb1831 pointed out, there's also a difference with dual core processors that Motorola is trying to work out with LTE (Bionic, Xoom, etc.). This is particularly the case with the Tegra 2 chip.

So yeah, two very different situations with different networks and different hardware.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Those that say why no 4g have to remember that the majority of people are not in a 4g area and will not be for some time. Plus the fact that others don't even care about 4g speeds because many smartphone users just do txt, email, facebook and some light web browsing. So why do they care about 4g?

That's me. I would not want to give up any battery life, weight, size or network reliability for 4G. Now if I were allowed to tether within any tiered pricing (when it comes) without extra cost above that for the tier that I choose then I would be more likely to want 4G.

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
No one really has 4G. It's just the different companies are now ignoring the standards and making up their own definitions for 4G.

Has 4G lost its meaning?

etx_droid

Reaction score
I've never used a phone with this Motoblur UI. Why's it so bad? lol

I'm not really sure either. I figure I can just remove all the widgets and be done with motoblur. I don't think there's a way (besides rooting) to completely remove it though so everybody see's it as unnecessary bloatware.

Ruben181

Reaction score
I went from my DX with the latest motoblur (.591) back to my D1 with GPAxx, its a personal choice but I just love the simplicity and efficiency of vanilla over any UI. I'm assuming with 2.3.4 being rolled out Verizon opted to install front facing cameras on 3G phones. After all 3G is not really slow it's just that 4G is faster where available. As for me, I haven't decided on my next device yet but the competition is looking good :)

Moto Droid
GPA15

sb1831

Reaction score
No 4G killed this device. Otherwise probably perfect, I'm drying for a 4".

I feel the exact same way. Where I live and where my folks live (the other place I frequent) both are LTE areas.

I have a feeling you'll be waiting until mid year for a dual core LTE phone to drop on Verizon. Just my personal thoughts I could be right I could be wrong. Thought it was a bad idea to announce the Bionic seeing as no phone with a dual core processor and LTE had ever been produced at that point. Hopefully they're getting the wrinkles ironed out between tegra and LTE working together.

Lye

Reaction score
Are we sure they don't have 4G? Or are we just assuming because we presume we'd know?