Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

loki993

Reaction score
I will admit I would like it to be 4g but I prefer my phone's battery to allow me to use it. From everything I am reading 4G= poor battery. No point in having fast download speed if your phone can't stay on long enough to use it.

For me here is what makes this phone my next one:

• I have an upgrade available now and another available in 3 months
  • It's DUAL CORE!!!!
  • Physical Keyboard
  • 4 " Screen
What I am starting to get confused on is everyone keeps calling the Bionic the "Targa" when if you look online the parts available for the Droid 3 are listed as "Targa". So.....isn't the Droid 3 the Targa?

I think the battery issue will be addressed in time, so I dont see that being a relly big deal.

Maybe I've missed it but has there been a successful Dual Core LTE phone released ANYWHERE yet? Why are so many people in a hurry to get BOTH rushed into one phone? I'd rather they take the time and keep making big advancements like an awesome dual core 3G phone or an LTE phone that doesn't suck down batteries like Charlie Sheen does scotch, and then merge the two technologies together.

Yeah, but this phone isnt released yet, so I guess Id just be better with them delaying it and releasing it when they had it right. rather then releaseing a flagship phone withour 4G. The only thing that may explain it is theyre have even more problems with the 4G LTE thing then even we think or theyre letting one and its really that far off.

atrix is dual core and 4G so im not seeing how its that hard to get it right. I would think the minds of moto should be able to fix the dual core LTE problems in reasonable time. Even more if there are already rumored quad core phones out...

just my .02

ATT 4G, actually 3.5G, is a completly different technology. Aparently the problem seems exclusive to LTE and CDMA.

NVash

Reaction score
At long last, a new Droid with a physical keyboard. But yet, I find myself barely interested. Whats the use in having a forward facing camera? The iPhone has it but one can video chat with that. Can the Droid do that now as well? 4G means nothing to me but with all this hype going around and everyone swearing by 4G its a surprise that it isnt on there.

Maybe its me but I was expecting so much more from this. This phone, so far, is a serious let down. Its not screaming out 'GET YOURSELF LOCKED INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT FOR ME' at the moment. Any specs? Whats the internal memory?

etx_droid

Reaction score
This guy here is excited about the D3. I hope physical keyboards never die...:motdroidhoriz:

silverfang77

Reaction score
From Android Authority

• 1Ghz OMAP 4 Processor
  • HDMI
  • 16GB of Memory
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8 Megapixel Camera (Some reports are suggesting its 5, but we have good reason to believe its 8, as the firmware indicates it is a possible capable resolution)
  • 5 Row QWERTY Keyboard
  • 4 Inch Screen
  • Slimmer profile than the Droid 1 or Droid 2

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I don't give a golly gosh darned about 4G. We don't have it in my area yet, and probably won't for a while. I may just buy this phone full retail if my upgrade date isn't close to the release date (got my D1 August of 2010).

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Unless some problem is found with this phone, it will replace my Droid when my last NE2 is available at the end of July. We get 4G next year, but I have no need for it. Physical keyboard with numeric row, higher resolution and faster processor make it about as perfect as it could be for me. Only thing I fear is that it will have Motoblur. :(

etx_droid

Reaction score
Unless some problem is found with this phone, it will replace my Droid when my last NE2 is available at the end of July. We get 4G next year, but I have no need for it. Physical keyboard with numeric row, higher resolution and faster processor make it about as perfect as it could be for me. Only thing I fear is that it will have Motoblur. :(

Word yo...heard it to the grapevine it should be all vanilla dancedroid

Let's hope that's true!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Let's hope that's true!

While it would be nice, some of the firmware information posted awhile back on Howard Forums by some very reliable folks indicate that it will have Motoblur.

It would be nice if Motorola changed their mind, but since it doesn't look like this is going to be a launch device for a new OS version (like the original Droid), chances are it will have Blur. I would love to be wrong about that.

etx_droid

Reaction score

Let's hope that's true!

While it would be nice, some of the firmware information posted awhile back on Howard Forums by some very reliable folks indicate that it will have Motoblur.

It would be nice if Motorola changed their mind, but since it doesn't look like this is going to be a launch device for a new OS version (like the original Droid), chances are it will have Blur. I would love to be wrong about that.

Yeah...guess we shall see. Thanks for the info!

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Let's hope that's true!

If it does, it might make me keep my Droid for another year. I really hope that it doesn't. The Droid 3 is the only phone that I am interested in at all.

darkmatter

Reaction score

Let's hope that's true!

If it does, it might make me keep my Droid for another year. I really hope that it doesn't. The Droid 3 is the only phone that I am interested in at all.

The only other phone on the horizon that even remotely interests me is the xperia pro...no idea if it will be on VZW though. (Ill admit the xperia play is tempting)

I need my physical keyboard... and size doesn't help on screen keyboards. Im typing this on a nook color, and still really hate the virtual keyboard.

NVash

Reaction score
From Android Authority

• 1Ghz OMAP 4 Processor
  • HDMI
  • 16GB of Memory
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8 Megapixel Camera (Some reports are suggesting its 5, but we have good reason to believe its 8, as the firmware indicates it is a possible capable resolution)
  • 5 Row QWERTY Keyboard
  • 4 Inch Screen
  • Slimmer profile than the Droid 1 or Droid 2
Thanks!

Sad thing is there isnt so much as one Droid coming out that interests me. I really dont want to turn my back on Android but my phone is on the fritz, I need a new one and nothing good is out.

LewD1

Reaction score
Hands on Dummy Droid 3

I didn't see any of the specs confirmed in this thread, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to add...Im a rep for verizon and we had a training tonight with a Motorola rep who had a Dummy model of the Droid 3!!!

IF it is anything like the model he had & the specs sheet with it, it is going to be 4'' screen (qHD) dual core, global, 5 row QWERTY keyboard, VGA front camera, 8mp 1020HD record/playback rear camera and should be released around the end of June. NO 4G...

And he wouldn't give me a definite answer on wether or not it would be a locked bootloader, but Im assuming it is, as it will run the same motorblur version as the X2 dancedroid

darkmatter

Reaction score
Boo on motoblur. But d3 will be my next phone. I must have physical kb, and d3 is pretty much the only option. The only other phone that interests me is thee xperia pro, or maybe even play. But last I looked, there was no word on what carrier gets xperia pro.

Where I live, switching carriers is also not an option. Vzw is the only carrier with decent service, and I don't expect 4g to arrive until the very end of the 4g rollout...if even then.

satoru

Reaction score
Boo on motoblur. But d3 will be my next phone. I must have physical kb, and d3 is pretty much the only option. The only other phone that interests me is thee xperia pro, or maybe even play. But last I looked, there was no word on what carrier gets xperia pro.

Where I live, switching carriers is also not an option. Vzw is the only carrier with decent service, and I don't expect 4g to arrive until the very end of the 4g rollout...if even then.

Uhm d2g has great keyboard

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums