Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Regardless of what the model of this phone turns out to be it still looks too much like an iPhone to me. :angry: Perhaps when I get my hands on a demo unit I'll have a better idea of whether it's a good upgrade from my OG Droid 1. Hopefully the bootloader is unlockable as Motorola did say they were planning on making their bootloaders unlockable... so long as Verizon lets them. 4G currently isn't an issue with me only because I am with Cricket Wireless who doesn't offer 4G.. yet. Some selling points for me will be the internal storage space and cpu type/speed/etc. My only real issue with the OG Droid 1 is the limited 256MB of internal storage.

mg8199

Reaction score
I got the OG when it first came out. I gave up my Blackberry for it and didn't look back. VZW has been tempting me with all kinds of early upgrades just so I can use my last NE2. I thought about the X2 and then the HTC TB but I'm holding out for the D3! Hopefully it comes soon!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
D3 looks like a cool phone. If I bought it online and activated it with *228, would that extend my contract?

No. Buying a phone off contract and activating it on your account does not extend your current contract.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed the tiny speaker? I think moto forgot people use their phones for calls

AWESOMEbolt

AlexSB

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed the tiny speaker? I think moto forgot people use their phones for calls

AWESOMEbolt

Honestly, calls probably make up 5% of the time when I am on my phone, if that.

Oh nooooo I need good call quality on my phone. I mostly txt but I still talk on the phone whether it be for 2 minutes or an hour. No matter how "smart" smartphones get, its still a smartPHONE

AWESOMEbolt

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
No 4G killed this device. Otherwise probably perfect, I'm drying for a 4".

EgooEspada

Reaction score

AWESOMEbolt

I wouldn't worry about that. Motorola is known for great speaker and call quality.

Sent from my ADR6400L

V

volando

Not having 4G on the D3 is really pissing me off... I'm fine with 3G download speeds, but it's not really about that. 4G gives you ~10ms (50ms for establishing a connection) latency. 3G gives you at best 100ms, usually higher (up to 2seconds for establishing a connection). This is QUITE important in any online gaming or VoiP and very noticeably when browsing.

Also, not being able to browse while on the phone is an archaic CDME limitation that I don't want to get stuck with for another year+.

Motorola: Y U release already-outdated phone??

music life

Reaction score
maybe people should start spamming the crap out of moto for D3 to be 4g. maybe it will change their minds. lol

it really doesnt make sense not to make it 4g. alot of people dont mind but with 4g being pushed i would think 3G would be kinda out dated sooner than later.

idk. im certainly confused and a bit upset. i LOVED the idea of this phone.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will admit I would like it to be 4g but I prefer my phone's battery to allow me to use it. From everything I am reading 4G= poor battery. No point in having fast download speed if your phone can't stay on long enough to use it.

For me here is what makes this phone my next one:

• I have an upgrade available now and another available in 3 months
  • It's DUAL CORE!!!!
  • Physical Keyboard
  • 4 " Screen

What I am starting to get confused on is everyone keeps calling the Bionic the "Targa" when if you look online the parts available for the Droid 3 are listed as "Targa". So.....isn't the Droid 3 the Targa?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
4g is barely starting to roll out...just like 3g took forever to reach the whole nation, so is 4g. i myself dont really care about 4g right now =]...im looking forward to upgrading to this or a new tablet since i dont reall use my minutes