Droid 3: Bigger Screen, Cleaner Look, Front Facing Cam, No 4G

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Limbwalker

Limbwalker Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Droid2 and am do for an upgrade. I've been waiting for the Droid3. Looks like the wait is almost over . . . dancedroid

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have had the D1 for quite a while now and have an upgrade at the end of the summer. I told myself that i would never own a phone without a QWERTY and after trying some touch screen keyboard phones I plan to stick to my word. Also, in my upgrade I am looking for a fast phone, front camera, qwerty, and hopefully easy to root...

I am quite shocked about the lack of 4G however. I mean I am doing quite well on 3G but I thought 4G was the future? It is stupid but I guess it's not a big deal. Verizon probably won't put out a QWERTY phone besides this for a long time anyway... uhgg

3. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Yikes... now this thing has no 4G?

Maybe its just me, but with the Bionic being cancelled, the 'new Bionic' (Targa) being redesigned because its 4G hardware and software wasn't working properly, and now the Droid 3 coming out without 4G like it was supposed to.... Yeah, it just reeks that Motorola is having massive problems with a properly working LTE Radio.

Kind of glad I got the TBolt instead of waiting. Yeah, dual cores might be nice and all, but if the LTE systems are all screwy, it won't matter. I'll wait for Moto to come out with devices that not only have 4G, but have it working without issue before thinking of going back. Too many red flags right now.

4. Zues532

Zues532 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'd be sold on this if it was dual core..

5. random190user44

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm tempted to get a droid 3 when it comes out. Unfortunately my contract isn't up for renewal until summer of 2012, the droid 4 will be coming out by then.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

6. DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Droid. I love it to death. Best phone I've ever had. I'll be eligible for a new upgrade January 2012. I'm not sure what's gonna come out by then but It has to be a Droid type phone. But as of now, I'm either gonna get Droid 3 or Droid Bionic. Surely things will be fixed by the time I get either of them.

7. mikezq8ss

mikezq8ss Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know if I'm happy or not that the D3 is without* 3G. Going from a D1 to a Tbolt, I do miss the slideout QWERTY. If it's without 4G I'm happy switching to a 4G phone, if the D3 HAS 4G, I'm sad that I bought the Tbolt as the D1 and D2 all have special places in my heart...

*since it's still unreleased as of yet, I'm not comfy saying it is with or without ANYTHING right now.

8. mikezq8ss

mikezq8ss Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ^ I meant to say I don't know if I'm happy or not that the D3 is without* 4G... Obviously it'll have 3G. I would have edited that post, but I can't find the edit button. Didn't want to leave any troll bait laying around...

9. IanG

IanG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Methinks you need to keep up on your news better! It's been stated multiple times lately that the Bionic is just delayed, not cancelled. :)

10. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2
    no 4G = no big deal

whew...I thought I might be the only one. For me having physical keyboard is more important than 4G. I'm in Phoenix so we do have 4G coverage but I mostly use WiFi. I know some ppl wants 4G so they can lock unlimited pricing so this maybe the reason for waiting for a dual core 4G phone.

11. mikezq8ss

mikezq8ss Member

Ratings:
    +1

Nah, a physical keyboard is definitely clutch when manufacturers continously design garbage touchscreen ones. Why, on this green and blue earth, would you put the period button so close to the spacebar? People.on Facebook.and.twitter are.starting.to.make.up.their own language.where.spaces.are.replaced with.periods.instead.of.open.space.

It's ridiculous.

12. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    The Bionic as we knew it was cancelled. They are taking another phone that was in development, pushing it out fast under the name 'Bionic' and saying it was just delayed.

In reality, the original 'Bionic' was scrapped, and to save face, they are debuting another phone under the Bionic name.

Search tags for this page
does a motorola droid 2 have a front camera
does motorola droid 2 a955 hve a front camera

does the droid 2 a955 have a front facing camera

does the motorola droid 2 a955 have a front camera

does the motorola droid 2 a955 have a front facing camera?