Droid 3 battery issues??

Reaction score
My droid 3 has horrible battery life. On the standard battery I got about 3 hrs 3 1/2 hours max. So I got the extended battery its better but still not great with the extended I get 5 hours max and that's just texting , 2 , 5 minute phone calles and a fb status update. I've heard people say they get about 5 hours max on the standard how do I get the most battery life ?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

lotzakritters

Reaction score
My droid 3 has horrible battery life. On the standard battery I got about 3 hrs 3 1/2 hours max. So I got the extended battery its better but still not great with the extended I get 5 hours max and that's just texting , 2 , 5 minute phone calles and a fb status update. I've heard people say they get about 5 hours max on the standard how do I get the most battery life ?

How are you using the phone, settings, screen time out, brightness, wifi, radio, rooted, apps, widgets, auto sync? Need alittle more info? I wasn't getting very good battery the first week with my Droid3, either. Now, after having the right setting, being rooted and freezing a crap load of bloatware, my battery is hella good, now...

Sent from my DROID3

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm. Not rooted. No screen timeout but I manually turn the screen off. Auto brightness. Location on. Wifi off. Vibrate. Most of the time

OP
H
Reaction score
Everythings stock. I applied the leak update seemed to improve batterylife. Beautiful widgets youtube widget. Twitter widget

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm using it on cricket should I freeze the bloatware? How can I root?

lotzakritters

Reaction score
I'm. Not rooted. No screen timeout but I manually turn the screen off. Auto brightness. Location on. Wifi off. Vibrate. Most of the time

The auto brightness will kill your battery faster. Turn it off and set it all the way down. Some times I need it brighter, so I have the stock power widget on one of my home screens for that. Oh and if you have the animation on, turn that off to. See if that help a bit. Not sure if rooting is an option for you, but that made the biggest difference for me.

Sent from my DROID3

REMilk

Reaction score
Make sure that you have changed the default sync for Twitter, Facebook, and other social sites to manual. I think the default is set at 15 minutes.

I notice a big improvement to battery life when the social apps are not syncing every few minutes.

OP
H
Reaction score
I noticed fb was killing my battery so I completley turned the syncting off ill the the other stuff see if it works. Will rooting this phone and removing bloatware save battery life also?

REMilk

Reaction score
Will rooting this phone and removing bloatware save battery life also?

Do NOT remove/delete the bloatware!!!! Bloatware can be renamed or 'frozen'. Before updates to the OS can be applied, these apps may requires naming back to the correct names or 'thawed'/'unfreeze'.

Be aware that if you freeze or rename some 'bloatware', you may not be able to do a 'Factory Reset' until these are 'thawed'/'unfreeze' or renamed back to the correct name.

There are several threads on this. You are forewarned.

Good Luck,
Bob

OP
H
Reaction score
Like I said I'm not with verizon so it shouldn't matter