Droid 3 battery help

Alexis_88

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid 3 and my battery is dying super fast and I already have an extended battery, is there any apps or anything else I can do to help this?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe battery stats? Do you have the phone restoring apps?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Its because you didn't wipe your battery stats. This is how I have always done it using clockwork. Safestrap might be different.

Charge phone to 100%
Unplug phone and boot into clockwork
Select advanced and then wipe battery stats and select yes
Reboot phone and DO NOT PLUG IT IN until it drains all the way down and turns off on its own.
Charge it all the way back to 100% and good to go.

If you are running maverick you don't even need to go into recovery as you can do it from the toolbox. IIRC liberty's rom toolbox can do this too.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Its because you didn't wipe your battery stats. This is how I have always done it using clockwork. Safestrap might be different.

Charge phone to 100%
Unplug phone and boot into clockwork
Select advanced and then wipe battery stats and select yes
Reboot phone and DO NOT PLUG IT IN until it drains all the way down and turns off on its own.
Charge it all the way back to 100% and good to go.

If you are running maverick you don't even need to go into recovery as you can do it from the toolbox. IIRC liberty's rom toolbox can do this too.

Actually, wiping your battery stats doesn't actually do anything.

Wiping battery stats doesn't improve battery life, says Google engineer | Android Central

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Ok well I noticed a drastic jump after wiping the battery. I guess an article on the internets wins over empirical evidence though...

You obviously didn't read the whole article. Also, yes I would believe someone who actually works on android as opposed to Internet urban myth.

tuffD1

Reaction score
I get this battery life by wiping from Recovery and Mav-tool box about every 2-3 weeks. After this pic, I played Cartoon Wars for almost 2 hours straight until the battery drained. Then I recharged.

Reaction score
You obviously didn't read the whole article. Also, yes I would believe someone who actually works on android as opposed to Internet urban myth.

Look up empirical and get back to me. I trust my own personal experience vs what some random person posted in an internets article.

Btw

View attachment 48011

I guess real life results don't matter though...

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Look up empirical and get back to me. I trust my own personal experience vs what some random person posted in an internets article.

Btw

View attachment 48011

I guess real life results don't matter though...

Don't be dense. I would suggest actually reading the link and reading what the Google engineer had to say.