Droid 3 AP Fastboot Failure

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by gregorymail87, May 20, 2012.

1. gregorymail87

gregorymail87 New Member

can any one help i have droid 3 i tried flashing and now its stuck in ap fastboot i canget it out but when ever i turn my phone on its back in ap fastboot mode its never been rooted i was trying to root i have android 2.3.4 and system version 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US can anyone help with a way to fix iv tried flashing an older rom iv tried psouzaFXZ and no luck i originaly got the error using rsd lite it wont get past step one and when i try flashing in fastboot it gets stuck after i get the ok on clearing user info and catch anything would be much help thank you thank you i have only had the phone for a month.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Just to give you a heads up, I took your post in that old thread and used it to start a thread in the D3 section. Hopefully this will have a better chance of getting you the answers you need.
  3. gregorymail87

gregorymail87 New Member

thanks
  4. gregorymail87

gregorymail87 New Member

using the flash verizon droid 3 to ota 5.6.890 to phone tool i foung in other post it gets the ok for erasing userdata and the ok or erasing cache but when it gets to sending recover (9216kb) it just sits there after about 30-45 minutes its still says sending recovery. please please any help
  5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

6. gregorymail87

gregorymail87 New Member

Please dont tell me that lol verizon said they will send anotger one but it will hace the new update preinstalled meaning they are sending me a referb lol :( but is there a way to root with that system i would like to put the cyanogenmod 9 on my droid 3 so i can check out the ice cream sandwich
  7. JSM9872

From what he is saying there is a way to root .906 but there is not a way to recover if something goes wrong. There is no .906 FXZ yet so if anything goes wrong as it has for you, you are stuck.
  8. gregorymail87

gregorymail87 New Member

i actually got it fixed it was my computer i installed a new copy of windows and tryied again and worked perfectly but now im still in .906 ill take a chance at it lol
  9. JSM9872

Happy to hear you got it all fixed up and good to go :biggrin:
  10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

906 update

There is a way back, I just went through it myself.

its well partially back, its the sbf for the older version but has the few files from the 906 update you cannot flashback.

if you get stuck I can try to help.

took me a few days of searching but found files I needed then replaced them in the sbf I used twice now to start over clean each time I switch different ics roms

pm me if you need help. sorr its not my work or sbf file so I rather not host it, but i can explain what I did and how to make it all work for you.
  11. Jerinaw

Jerinaw New Member

Hey how did you remove Fastboot? I wanted to put Steeldroid on my phone and tried using the fastboot method but it failed and now every time my phone boots it goes into AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Flast Failure). I can get by this but I want to remove it and start over so I can try a different ROM.

I had droid3 root installed and CWM, I tried using them first to get roms installed but they didn't work. They were able to root my phone though.

I'm new to doing this and really just follow whatever instructions I find lol. I was able to get Steeldriod on my phone but it was just installed on top of all the blaotware verizon had in there. So I was stuck with all that crapware and still not able to tether. So I restored my back up but now I'm stuck with that Fastboot screen every time I restart the phone.

Can you help me get rid of that and put a better ROM on my phone? I really can't stand verizons crapware. I had CM7 on my original Droid3 but the keyboard broke and they sent me a refurb. Now i'm stuck with 906. I was not able to use my camera with CM7, do you know if CM9 works on the Driod3?

MAD54Or's mailbox is full.

Thanks for the help!
Search tags for this page
droid 3 5.7.906 rsd lite fastboot flash failure cant charge
droid 3 ap fastboot
droid 3 boot failure
droid 3 charging through ap fastboot

droid 3 fastboot

droid 3 fastboot files

droid 3 recovery files needed

droid 3 stuck in ap fastboot

droid 3 stuck in fastboot