Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by HABU, Oct 6, 2011.
Updated to 2.3.4 and now the USB is not reconized when plugged into desk top or laptop. ANy ideas?
Use the cord that came with the phone if you aren't already.
Going to those links did not help.
It seems that when the update was done, it did something to the phone. I can plug it into the cahrger in the car and it will charge it. But when I connect it to a computer, any computer that has the drivers loaded, it will not reconize the device.
I'm having the same problem as you are, I've been trying to get PDAnet to install on my phone. But it always fails to install the apk to my phone, And I haven't been able to have ADB find the device either. And I'm using the Moto cable with the phone and have the newest drivers installed.
On the Droid 3, there are four modes your phone can attain while connected to a PC via USB,
1. PC Mode
2. Windows Media Sync
3. USB Mass Storage
4. Charge Only
The update may have forced you into the 'Charge Only' mode.
Fortunately, this is easy to change.
1. First, and most important, use a USB cable that is known to work with the data. Some third-party USB cables do not work as the data pins are not as needed. If you use the USB cable that came with the phone you will be fine.
2. Plug the USB cable into the computer
3. Plug in the micro-USB connector to the phone, make sure it is connected properly.
4. Pull down the Notification area (at the top of the screen) and tap on the USB Connection symbol.
5. Select the mode you need, most likely it is "USB Mass Storage."
6. Tap OK
Your Droid 3 should now be recognized.
So you've since updated your drivers and still have a problem?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums