Droid 3 and HDMI connection- Heads up!

jetnc

Reaction score
FYI-

I didn't see any place for tips or tricks, but I thought I would throw this here. When using the micro HDMI cable to connect to a HDMI device (such as a TV or AV receiver), first select the HDMI input port you are connecting to on the display or audio device.

If you connect the Droid via the micro HDMI before selecting the appropriate input port, the HDMI app on the phone will just open and close repeatedly and not allow you to choose one of the options for HDMI utilization.

I thought I had a problem with the phone or cable before I realized that I needed to select the input port on the tv first.

sarreq

Reaction score
FYI-

I didn't see any place for tips or tricks, but I thought I would throw this here. When using the micro HDMI cable to connect to a HDMI device (such as a TV or AV receiver), first select the HDMI input port you are connecting to on the display or audio device.

If you connect the Droid via the micro HDMI before selecting the appropriate input port, the HDMI app on the phone will just open and close repeatedly and not allow you to choose one of the options for HDMI utilization.

I thought I had a problem with the phone or cable before I realized that I needed to select the input port on the tv first.
i think it may depend on the TV, i don't have that problem

dawgcasa

Reaction score
I have a different question, is it possible to connect the Droid 3 via HDMI and have it display video from an HDMI source, e.g., a remote miniture HDMI camera? This would require that the HDMI port can function as an input as well as an output. The application would be to mount a common "helmet cam" on the rear of a motorcycle and connect it to the phone mounted on the handlebars as a sort of rear view mirror ... Except the helmet cam is also recording video itself in case a rear end accident occurs.

Reaction score
i'm not having this issue either. However, i am having the issue where the 'connected to hdmi cable' notification wont go away without a battery pull. I've googled the hell out of the issue, and it seems that many similar motorola phones have this same issue (ie: bionic, razr). Anybody know whats up with this annoying bug?