Droid 2 won't hard reset

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by petitsoldat, Feb 2, 2011.

1. petitsoldat

petitsoldat New Member

I've been having a number of problems with my Droid 2 recently, so I decided to try and hard reset it. Unfortunately, it won't let me access the manu to execute a factory wipe. I got the screen with the triangle and exclamation point, and then held down the volume up button and the camera button together. Nothing. Tried the volume down button and camera. Tried both volume buttons at the same time with the camera button, tried holding them down while tapping camera, tried just tapping both at the same time, etc. I've tried every combination with the volume and camera buttons that I can think of that would be relevant to the hard reset instructions, but no matter what, it stays on the tringle screen and will not access the menu. My phone is not rooted. What can I do?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. lizard

lizard New Member

Try pressing the magnifying glass on your physical keyboard when you're on that screen.
  3. petitsoldat

petitsoldat New Member

Sweet, it worked like a charm. Weird that that wasn't mentioned at all on any of the places I checked instructions on, but regardless, my phone was wiped. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Busteddroid

Busteddroid New Member

WHat else did u press beisdes the magnifiying button?? i tryed this method and it didnt work because volume button is broken so i could not hard reset my phone. I tryed this but it didnt work eaither.
  5. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

What phone do you have? If it's a D2 or D2G, you can use the magnifying glass to open the recovery menu and the up/down (really left/right) arrows on the physical keyboard to navigate the menu.
  6. user99

user99 New Member

I have the same problem. I have tried all methods below and also tried the magnifying glass. None of them worked.

I've been having a number of problems with my Droid 2 recently, so I decided to try and hard reset it. Unfortunately, it won't let me access the manu to execute a factory wipe. I got the screen with the triangle and exclamation point, and then held down the volume up button and the camera button together. Nothing. Tried the volume down button and camera. Tried both volume buttons at the same time with the camera button, tried holding them down while tapping camera, tried just tapping both at the same time, etc. I've tried every combination with the volume and camera buttons that I can think of that would be relevant to the hard reset instructions, but no matter what, it stays on the tringle screen and will not access the menu. My phone is not rooted. What can I do?

What can i do?
  7. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

Just to be clear, you pressed the search key on your keyboard, right? Not the capacative one on the front? That's the only thing I can think of. If that doesn't work, I personally would sbf, but I'm comfortable with the process, only you can decide if that's your next step.
  8. user99

user99 New Member

to be clear i was pressing the search key on outside cover. after reading your reply i found the search key on the keyboard which i rarely use. i was able to then perform a restart. after a minute the screen indicated it was complete. I then performed a reboot and...

i am still stuck on bootloader D2.37, battery low, cannot program.

any suggestions?

i dont know how to sbf but if you can point me to a link i will figure it out. there are lots of posts which say to do this but none actually give the directions.

thanks again.
  9. Jelleephish

Jelleephish New Member

Search tags for this page
droid 2 hard reset
droid 2 hard reset instructions
droid 2 hard reset not working

droid 2 wont hard reset

droid incredible 2 wont factory reset
droid incredible 2 wont turn on or hard reset
factoty reset motorola droid with a broken volume button
hard reset motorola droid