Droid 2 wont go past "M" logo!!??

superhawk1000

Reaction score
I went to flash a new rom onto my rooted droid 2 and it didnt work then when i rebooted it, it wouldnt go past the M logo. Ive reset to factory defaults, cleared cache tried several sbf files. I cant get into PC mode, cause it wont go past the M logo. I can get into the recovery and the bootloader. I made a backup with clockwork, but i cant get to it cause my phone doesnt let me get that far. i tried moving into the sd card so i could do an update with it. but when it tries to verify the signature it cant. I've been working on fixing this for 7 hours straight now:( please HELP!!!

xrp861

Reaction score
You have to hold ghe up arrow and power button to get into the bootloader for rsd. When you plug the usb cord in after that windows should find the drivers and then you shouldbe able to sbf. The factory recovery bootloader with the triangle and android guy is useless honestly you cant do jack from that bootloader.

piloteer

Reaction score
Xplorer4X4 you are 90% correct.
You waste peoples time because they don't realize you have an answer for the question elsewhere.
Some people can't give a correct answer because they shoot from the hip while the gun is still in the holster. My Motorola Droid 2 does the same thing. It hangs and the battery gets hotter and hotter until I remove it then replace it. Same story 3rd time.
The Verizon guys said it the applications. Your WI FI is turned on and is constantly searching. I said "horse ****" it doesn't boot to the operating system so how the hell is it supposed to search for ANY application if it does not boot. That went completely over his head.
The phone has issues that Motorola DOES NOT WANT TO ADMIT. He knows I repair computers and build them.
The phone I have now is a warranty replace I got it 5 days ago and it worked fine until now. The battery was from the old phone and itself was a warranty replacement.

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Xplorer4X4 you are 90% correct.
You waste peoples time because they don't realize you have an answer for the question elsewhere.
Some people can't give a correct answer because they shoot from the hip while the gun is still in the holster. My Motorola Droid 2 does the same thing. It hangs and the battery gets hotter and hotter until I remove it then replace it. Same story 3rd time.
The Verizon guys said it the applications. Your WI FI is turned on and is constantly searching. I said "horse ****" it doesn't boot to the operating system so how the hell is it supposed to search for ANY application if it does not boot. That went completely over his head.
The phone has issues that Motorola DOES NOT WANT TO ADMIT. He knows I repair computers and build them.
The phone I have now is a warranty replace I got it 5 days ago and it worked fine until now. The battery was from the old phone and itself was a warranty replacement.

:s Sorry but how does any of the have anything to do with posting the same question twice? This was never an issue of right or wrong answers. The same answers that could be posted here, right or wrong, could be posted there consolidating it to one thread where we can all see if the issue is resolved or not.