Droid 2 Won't Charge?

Richilieu

Reaction score
I've had the phone for a couple of months now, and so far, things have been great. However, for some reason, it's now refusing to charge for me. I've pulled out and put-back-in the battery several times now, and, short of getting a short charge for a second or so after I plug in the USB charger, I receive nothing and am reminded every few seconds to Connect a Charger.

Some things I should mention:

A few weeks ago, I did wake up to find my Droid in a puddle of what I presume was water. It was not next to a window, and no other items on my desk were affected; it was as if the water was leaking from the Droid itself. I cleaned it off and dried it, both in and out, and no damage seemed to be done, including to the battery. I've even charged it after that with no issues.

And as of a minute or so before making this post, I have managed to get it to charge with much finagling and patience. I've had to turn it off and position the charger at just the right picometer to get it, but it's at least going to survive for another battery life.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

luvmypups26

Reaction score
me too!

I have had this same problem for quite some time, sometimes I can move it around and get it to charge but the slightest movement and its over. Let me know if you ever get this figured out. It definitly is a hardware issue, the charger isn't plugging in correctly. I've tried a few chargers and had the same issue so I know the problem is with my phone. I'm guessing there isn't really a way to replace the charging port and def don't want to buy a whole new phone bc of this!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
My wifes phone did the same thing yesterday. It looses power while the phone says its charging. I think for now, since I don't have the funds, I'm going to get a $10 universal charger from amazon and use that for a while.

We have the OG D1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

luvmypups26

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that its NOT the charger, I've tried more than one now and wasted a lot of money and none of them have fixed the issue. Also I've read that you need to make sure the charger is at least 800ma. I didn't buy my phone through verizon so there's no getting a replacement which sucks. It really is a huge inconvenience to have the switch batteries throughout the day, usually at least 3 times. I have to make sure I have spares at all times and even the spares which were supposedly authentic motorola aren't recognized by the phone so I can't see the battery percentage. Its just dies with no warning. ok that's my rant for the day!