Droid 2 window mount

pobrien904

Reaction score
Anyone have the window mount for the droid 2?

What do you think?

Is there a better product to use? Looking to use my droid as a navigation unit.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Sherlock

Reaction score
I have one that I bought at the VERIZON store at the time I purchased my new DROID X. I bought it especially for use with the GPS system in the phone.

It works well !!! Is solid. I'd personally say buy it !!!!!

(It's fun to hear 2 GPS units work at the same time !!! ) (I had a GARMIN GPS prior to buying this phone. )

el_ote

Reaction score
I got the mountek mt5000 universal mount it fits into the CD slot and tightens to hold firm. I really like it but my CD slot is very thin and i had to really push it in. Once in though it works like a charm and the power now reaches as opposed to a corner window mount

OP
P

pobrien904

Reaction score
I got the mountek mt5000 universal mount it fits into the CD slot and tightens to hold firm. I really like it but my CD slot is very thin and i had to really push it in. Once in though it works like a charm and the power now reaches as opposed to a corner window mount

Can you tell me a bit more about this? I'm looking at a few pictures of it online at the moment. Does this scratch or hurt the CD slot in anyway??
I don't want to hurt my car...
But I also hate those rings the suction cup leaves on the window!

Thanks!

el_ote

Reaction score
I just removed it to check, and i saw no damages. it was a tight fit in this cd slot, didnt really have to thumbscrew to tighten, but on my wifes car, it just slid into CD slot, and i had to thumbscrew to tighten its grip. Basically it slides in, and when you turn the thumbscrew, it expands the center part upward while pushing down on the edges, pretty firm grip, but dont hang from it or anything. just bought a second for my car.

OP
P

pobrien904

Reaction score
I just removed it to check, and i saw no damages. it was a tight fit in this cd slot, didnt really have to thumbscrew to tighten, but on my wifes car, it just slid into CD slot, and i had to thumbscrew to tighten its grip. Basically it slides in, and when you turn the thumbscrew, it expands the center part upward while pushing down on the edges, pretty firm grip, but dont hang from it or anything. just bought a second for my car.

Thank you el_ote; That is what I wanted to know!

I think I will order one.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a better product to use?
Always qualify exactly what you mean by "better" as it's highly subjective. I can't stand window mounts myself and prefer stable and secure mounts that actually screw in.