Droid 2 window mount charging question.

pobrien904

Reaction score
I just bought the window mount. Worked great!

Question is: I plugged it in to the charger to and after 2hours it still wasn't charged all the way. Is the mount not a designed for rapid charging?

Thanks!

I was using google maps and pandora.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

bearfromobx

Reaction score
Pandora uses an almost continous data stream and requires a fair amount of power. Did you have your display on continiously? That also draws huge power...
That said, my general technology experience is that most automotive chargers are not designed for fast charge and if they are, they are often "brute force" designs which tend to kill battery life quickly. I treat my automotive chargers more as maintenace devices to keep from drawing down the battery while being used in the car. Hope this helps!

Bear

Reaction score
Most USB/Car chargers supply ~500mA... The wall charger supplies around 850mA. When the phone is in the dock in use (which creates heat, more the heavier you use it), in direct sunlight exposure (which creates more heat), charging (which creates MORE heat), you may or may not see an actual charge. Between the power use of the phone, and the fact that as the battery gets hotter, it charges slower and discharges faster (thermal runaway), many people report that their phone doesn't charge in the car dock. My recommendation is to use SetCPU to throttle your processor when the battery gets too hot.