Droid 2 wifi not working

thisiswang

Reaction score
I connected my Droid 2 to wifi in my house. i have a strong signal but i can't do anything using wifi, it doesn't really work. I read somewhere that it could be an issue with wireless-n. anyone have any input?

cromo8

Reaction score
try resetting your wifi at home and try to connect again

wifi seems to work great

bobby_v

Reaction score
I've run into this quite a bit over the last couple of days. I think it's a because of my sucky Netgear router. A router reboot usually fixes things.

OP
T

thisiswang

Reaction score
change your wireless settings to tkip instead of aes

sorapp

Reaction score
I don't know if the Droid 2 can use WiFi-n. My router can handle all WiFi protocols but I can only get "G" to work with the Droid 2. This is not a real problem for me because that is still faster than my internet connection.

Also I am using AES successfully on mine.

Masx

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? I also get inconsistent wifi connections and this seems pretty major to me and is actually quite annoying and frustrating how it hasn't been fixed yet.

I don't see why people work around the issue by downgrading their router settings and say all is fine. I know my droid 1 had ZERO issues with wifi till I upgraded to a droid 2.

Any fixes/patches coming out soon from motorola/verizon?

jim6172

Reaction score
Any fixes/patches coming out soon from motorola/verizon?[/QUOTE]

we can only hope took mine to verizon yesterday and they have no idea how to fix (go figure)
jim:icon_eek:

Masx

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing people are just ignoring the issue/working around it instead of reporting it. Which is why Moto/VZW aren't doing much about it.

The tech support supervisor from Moto acknowledge my issue and also agrees that lowering security settings etc. shouldn't have to be done and he even confirmed one more bug with me.... Peer to Peer (Ad-Hoc) setting force closing everytime.

He is reporting to level 3 tech support engineers and seeing what they can do for future patches but he obviously had no ETA.

More people need to report this issue instead of trying to work around it....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? I also get inconsistent wifi connections and this seems pretty major to me and is actually quite annoying and frustrating how it hasn't been fixed yet.

I don't see why people work around the issue by downgrading their router settings and say all is fine. I know my droid 1 had ZERO issues with wifi till I upgraded to a droid 2.
Any fixes/patches coming out soon from motorola/verizon?
Although I lose connection occasionally, overall since installing 2.2 in my D1 and getting my D2 the connections seems to be more consistent.

2.2 update had improved drivers for the Droid. Nothing else is available and probably won't be until we see Gingerbread.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Change the router channel from 1 to anything else. I've found that my PS3 can't connect to my router when it's on channel 1, but I've never tried with my Droid 2 so I'm not sure.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a router that would connect to my D1 and D2 perfectly, but after about five minutes all data transfer would stop, even though it showed a strong connection.

Wasn't able to figure it out, tried all kinds of things on the router and on the phone, channels, security, etc.

Finally got out an old Netgear N router, installed DD-WRT FW on it and it connects and everything works.

Moral of the story? No freakin' idea, just happy things work now and it didn't cost me any $.

Masx

Reaction score
He means from your wireless router. But you shouldn't have to resort to that as this phone should and does support up to N broadcast and aes security.

My droid 1 had zero problems and yet droid 2 does.... so frustrating. Anyways Motorola tech support is investigating this for me and escalated the issue and will contact me in 24-48 hours.

Who knows if anything will come of it.

fireflame90050

Reaction score
what is this DD-WRT you speak of? is it some sort of custom firmware for a router? bcause if thats the fix them im all over it

mwyatt

Reaction score
He means from your wireless router. But you shouldn't have to resort to that as this phone should and does support up to N broadcast and aes security.

My droid 1 had zero problems and yet droid 2 does.... so frustrating. Anyways Motorola tech support is investigating this for me and escalated the issue and will contact me in 24-48 hours.

Who knows if anything will come of it.

Well that's good. I thought I was missing something obvious. The WAP's are already configured for TKIP. FWIW, it did eventually connect, but the connection is flaky even though the signal strength shows as 'Fair'. Sigh.... It's still better than Windows Mobile. It could connect to the WAP, but it couldn't access any resources when it did.