Droid 2, what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by iPirate, Apr 28, 2010.

1. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this video the other day and thought what cool technologies are out now or coming out soon that would be cool to have in the next generation smart phones?

Here is the video I saw:

I know OLED are able to collect sun light, similar to solar panels, so I would like my next Droid to have OLED screen that can also charge off the screen!

So besides the faster processor, more ram, more rom, more mega pixels, what do you want to see in your next smart phone?

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Wow. No more fingerprints.

basic stuff for me: thicker, scratch resistant glass, no proprietary usb and earphone jacks, can be used as a universal remote, bigger capacity battery come with the phone, phone can read bigger capacity battery accurately.

3. vrdubin6

vrdubin6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll take my Droid 2 with no physical keyboard and a 1.0+ snapdragon. kthxbye.

Edit: HDMI and more RAM is okay too.

#3 vrdubin6, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  4. sarreq

sarreq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the glass is already scratch resistant, USB micro-b (what the Droid has) is now the standard for phones, and it has an earphone jack. might you have a Droid ERIS by any chance?

anyways....

better call quality, louder during calls, better quality microphone, you know, what a PHONE should have.

then there's the wet dream features, 10mp camera with an actual good low light mode, 1080p video recording and playback, dual snapdragon @1.5ghz, heavy OS optimization for speed and battery life, AMOLED screen with AlON (that's transparent aluminum, for those who don't know) face and a more precise capacitive touch sensor, thinner.

5. Hero_Sky

Hero_Sky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to see video phone, hdmi, 720p recording, 4g, spring opened keyboard,

6. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll take all that, and keyboard with an added line for the numbers. Having to use ALT gets tedious.

7. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bullet resistant aluminum sounds good for the phone's body too :icon_eek: colored of course, clear would be cool for 10 minutes :p

8. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Ratings:
    +5
    +1 for spring keyboard with a
    number line at least.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I said those things cuz I dont it to change. Companies are famous for thinking they know whats good for us. Samsung thought they knew with their dumb earphone jack. Either that or greed.

I just dont want them to fix what aint broke. Just like what u mentioned with the call quality, microphone, louder during calls; it already has that too, for me anyway. :)

#9 jroc, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  10. gotta have that funk

Ratings:
    +0
    4.3" version of the droid with a beefed up processor (not just a snapdragon hopefully) and a better keyboard with the extra space.

11. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Made by HTC label. ;-)
    Would like to be able to dock phone into a station that resembles a 12" or 10" netbook with a framless Oled touch screen , wireless keyboard that can be removed , unit is self powered and can charge phone as well , once phone is docked will act as a Android powered PC .

PM me on where to forward royalty checks .

12. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14

I think the optical trackpad on the Incredible is already better , more practical and precise than this .

The next Droid should have a better mic , minimum 4" frameless AOLED display , 5 MP camera is more than enough , but with a better sensor and low light capabilities , more MP doesn't make it better , think of 5MP PowerShoot , maybe a xenon flash , minimum of 4 GB internal storage for apps , 512 RAM , keyboard similar to Touch Pro 2 , Tegra chipset and processor , HD video out , brighter notification LED , better QA

#12 smokiedabong, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Search tags for this page

das bamf forum