Droid 2 warranty?

nickguz

Reaction score
i have the 7 dollar warranty on my droid 2. so if it breaks, would i be able to switch it for a droid x? or would they just give me the same phone?

OP
N

nickguz

Reaction score
alright well my update isnt working because i was rooted and got rid of all the bloatware and stuff. so what does the warranty cover? could i just purposely break my phone and get a new one so i can update? or can i just like say that I lost my phone or something

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do the right thing and unroot it and flash it back to stock instead of insurance fraud.

alright well my update isnt working because i was rooted and got rid of all the bloatware and stuff. so what does the warranty cover? could i just purposely break my phone and get a new one so i can update? or can i just like say that I lost my phone or something

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
N

nickguz

Reaction score
i did unroot but how do i flash it back to stock? i didnt create a backup because im an idiot

Cloppy

Reaction score
The warranty covers lost or stolen phones under certain conditions. I would not advise breaking it just because a update is not working. This seems just like a software problem anyway. Try and sbf the phone so it restores it back to the factory default and then let it update. If it for som reason fails then you can take it back to the store and they can assist you because its a unmodified system

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Though I have never seen lost or stolen fall under the warranty of the manufacturer (not their fault).

The warranty covers lost or stolen phones under certain conditions. I would not advise breaking it just because a update is not working. This seems just like a software problem anyway. Try and sbf the phone so it restores it back to the factory default and then let it update. If it for som reason fails then you can take it back to the store and they can assist you because its a unmodified system

Cloppy

Reaction score
+1! Though I have never seen lost or stolen fall under the warranty of the manufacturer (not their fault).

I think he is talking about the extra verizon insurance they cover theft of a device I believe

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Incorrect. Verizon doesn't insure anything, Asurion does. You're referring to the insurance with extended warranty, which does NOT cover losing your phone or somebody helping you lose it but manufacturer's defects outside of the 1 year warranty.

I think he is talking about the extra verizon insurance they cover theft of a device I believe

Cloppy

Reaction score
Incorrect. Verizon doesn't insure anything, Asurion does. You're referring to the insurance with extended warranty, which does NOT cover losing your phone or somebody helping you lose it but manufacturer's defects outside of the 1 year warranty.

What ever verizon offers you when you get your phone. I had it before I just never bothered to read the fine print. I thought the sales guy said something like that. I probably heard wrong.

I personally don't believe in the extra stuff they try to sell you. It didn't do much for me when I needed it. But that's a different story.

Anyway the point is don't break the phone on purpose :)