DROID 2 vs DROID X VS Fascinate

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
I just traded my Droid 1 for a Samsung Fascinate. My Droid was rooted and CPU speed was 1GHZ. I really liked it for streaming movies and anime from Flash sites. The Verizon rep told me that the Fascinate had Froyo and Flash. It doesn't. It has 2.1 and "flash light" or something like that. I love the new phone. Its fast and I can watch my movies outside on a sunny day. I wish it would let me stream Flash sites. And the bloatware is really bad! Even if I have a Google window open and go to open another window, it opens a Bing window!
I'm researching how to root it right now...

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Fascinate hands down...
618f1d44-14a3-f0ba.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

mohammedkanan

Reaction score
I had all the screen on the fascinate is glass scratch proof and other are cheap a___ screen

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

David92

Reaction score
Thanks all. KOUSAKA-SAN, Verizon is going to push 2.2 to Fascinate though who knows when. I have heard at that time, Google and Flash. I guess rooting is the other possibility. Sounds like on balance Fascinate wins. I guess a bonus is the display would be better outdoors...

bL33d

Reaction score
Just got my fascinate and wow its awesome I love the display and everything Samsung did with the phone other then Bing ofcourse. But I hear 2.2 will bring the option for Google and even faster speeds which this phone flies as is.

str8havoc

Reaction score
Fascinate

I went from the D1 to the SF and I'm happy with the over all performance with. I do miss not having it rooted and being able to change to different roms each week. If MOTO makes a phone with a 4" screen and looks this good ill buy it. but until then staying with the SF. With that said the Fascinate does have some software issue just like every phone but 2.2 will be coming out this month. The GPS isn't as good as the droids and does take a minute to lock on. usually it locks on after u start moving.

mickdroid

Reaction score
Come on Hook. Android, Droid, Android, Droid. We're talking semantics here versus brand loyalty. I started with a motorola bagphone eons ago but over my evolving years I found motorola to be really poor in quality and it is really only because they jumped on board quickly with the "Android" system that they were rescued from the market obscurity in which they were sinking fast. I was going to get a Droid X but didn't want to wait for the lag time in shipping so I now have a Fascinate and just like my Samsung TV, I am more than satisfied with the quality and the promise of much more to come.

Thanks OP, that was a good, honest and fair comparison. I have no interest in the Fascinate personally because, well, it's not a DROID. lol, yes it's an Android phone and maybe I'm silly and stupid because of it but mine has to be a Motorola Droid.

Still I commend you on your comparisons, very interesting.