1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 User Guide leaked

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 29, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Droid 2 should be hitting Verizon shelves sometime in August, and though it has yet to be officially announced, information continues to leak. And today, we have for you Verizon's official Droid 2 User Guide for your viewing pleasure.

Download the full guide here: Megaupload

Although most of the information about the Droid 2 is already known, it is nice to see in print, officially. For instance, the Droid 2 again is confirmed to ship with Android 2.2 (and Blur). And pre-loaded with the Droid 2, you will be getting Swype.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, here's a bit of proof that the Droid 2 will be running Android 2.2. As you can see, the screenshot below includes FroYo's Google Search:

[​IMG]

So will the Motorola Droid 2 be replacing anyone's Droid 1? Or will you be waiting for that mysterious Droid Pro?

Source: Droid-Life
  2. acheron9865

acheron9865 New Member

First!!!
    im still holding on to my droid one for now, really anxious for the later part of the year dancedroid
  3. LT*

LT* New Member

I'm holding on to my Droid for now, but my wife is up for the early upgrade until 8/31, so this may be her new phone.
  4. Chrisace89

Chrisace89 New Member

yeah im going to hold onto my original droid and wait and see what comes out around november.
  5. LatinaC09

LatinaC09 New Member

will be holding on to my moto droid till winter, maybe even spring...that is if I don't somehow get to upgrade early.
  6. michael_campbell

michael_campbell New Member

I'm not eligible for upgrades for awhile so I'll be holding on to my Droid 1. I really want another "Google Experience" phone so the carrier doesn't jack with it too much, but I don't have much hope for that.
  7. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    In a word, NO!

Even if I were eligible for a FREE upgrade before January 2012 I wouldn't be interested. I don't want MotoBlur, SenseUI, a locked bootloader, unknown Rooting capability, and the rest of the laundry list I have as to why I wouldn't.

Cool phone, though.
  8. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

Like everyone else i'll stay with the d1 well unless the phone goes missing. Crossing fingers for the "pro"!
  9. Donsell

Donsell New Member

Is anyone else feeling that the keyboard layout is a step backwards? Still no dedicated numeric row, and alt/shift only on the left?

I'll keep my D1 for now too.
  10. mottling

mottling New Member

Does this mean Swype will be available for all Android devices soon?
  11. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 New Member

+1. I love being able to change the theme of my phone and install custom roms. The droid was my first smart phone. After experiencing all that your can do with it I don't think I could go back to having a regular locked down phone. Also I spent money on the car dock!