Droid 2 Update Problem

AngusW

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the new update but it says my phone is up to date. Is anyone else having the same problem?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tons of people are waiting, myself included. Be patient and check out one of the other update threads.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kechamb

Reaction score
From what I understangd this update was only sent at to a group of people for testing and will be released to everyone else later.

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
Verizon is advertising that the update is available.

mac5217

Reaction score
I just went to Menu---About phone--- System updates. And was told that the download was available.

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
I just went to Menu---About phone--- System updates. And was told that the download was available.

That's what I've been doing since yesterday and nothing.

@pool - any idea how slowly?

@pc - phone's not rooted don't know how to root it. plus wouldn't that violate the warranty and I'd no longer be covered?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The update has been out for roughly 36 hours. Its going to take time to push it to everyone. I would estimate you'll have before a weeks time but I don't really know for sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

deborah3756

Reaction score
Update

Mine says the same. Verizon hasn't rolled it out yet. I don't know how they do their updates but, be patient it's coming.

everstar80

Reaction score
They may be making modifications if they're any complaints regarding the update before they release it to everyone. And could be that when it is massively released it will even better. I kinda think that this may be a component of gingerbread testing to see how it functions and possibly release gingerbread. This is just my thought about what might be going on. I don't have anything to base it on other than they released it to apparently a small amount and are seeing what the responses are to it.

xandor

Reaction score
I must be one of the lucky ones because I was able to get the update. So far, it seems to have solved my wifi problem where it would sometimes bounce in an on/off/on/off fashion.

dast

Reaction score
I must be one of the lucky ones because I was able to get the update. So far, it seems to have solved my wifi problem where it would sometimes bounce in an on/off/on/off fashion.

What what what!!!?? Can anyone else confirm this? WiFi works better now with the update? I'm still in an area where the update has yet to roll out.