Droid 2 unwanted remote access

Reaction score
I was on the phone with a friend of mine, for about....2 hours, and while I was talking to her my phone ended the call, so I looked at my phone and the lock screen was moving left to right but then it would reset, and do it again, it did it seemingly erratically, until I finally unlocked it thinking it would stop if I did that. It didn't stop, it swiped left to a different homescreen, then it opened my browser (which happened to have my profile on fb as the page), it then clicked my status message area, and it hit enter nonstop, this whole time I was fighting with it but my presses on the touchscreen were largely ignored, only a few inputs actually worked. I tried exiting the browser, but it kept reopening. Then it started going to other peoples profiles, and it would click to post a message on their wall, but it would just hit enter a bunch of times and it wouldn't actually post it. So, some of the behavior seemed human like, some of it seemed sporadic and glitchy as if it were my phone itself. I ended up removing the battery since I couldn't do anything on my phone with it being like that. That ended up fixing the problem. This happened at around 11am this morning, it hasn't happened at all since then.

I started to think how it would be possible for someone to remotely gain access to my phone. I have root access to my phone, I used the stickied method at the top of the Droid 2 hack section. Could this have, in any way made my phone vulnerable to security exploits?

Also, I also think it would most likely have to do with the apps that I downloaded. Im going to list all possible suspects.

setcpu, shootme, wireless tether, android terminal emulator (by jack palevich), battery indicator (darshan computing), colornote notepad notes, calltrack (asterdroid mobile), mytextspeed (mydroidsoft), homeswitcher (ymst), netcounter (cyril jaquier), sms backup (christoph studer).

All other apps are big name apps, like facebook, engadget, cnet, etc.

Does anyone consider any of the apps I listed security threats? I don't, but my mind can be changed otherwise.

Is it even possible for someone to gain remote access to your phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'm not super knowledgeable on the D2... BUT in general i don't think there is a way to gain remote access to the phone itself.. NOW there are remote access apps for your phone to access computers.. Logmein+ignition (for example).. but thats a paid app (30.00) and again i do not believe it gives remote access to the phone..

I don't know anything about the apps you downloaded, but it is possible there is some sort of virus/corruption on the phone. OR maybe it was just a glitch....... It sounds to me like your enter button (or something to do with that) was affected hence the reason it was filling fields on FB with blank spaces and also selecting other pages... I mean if you were fighting to get control and "scrolled" the mouse while the "enter" button was acting up of course it's going to select whatever you're scrolling over...

Keep us updated.. And hopefully someone else out there can help you out a bit more.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I had a g1 start to exhibit the same problem...it was a problem with overheating of the first battery. Or so I thought due to heat, but it started doing it more often after sitting at normal clock speeds even and a new battery. I ended up with a droid 2 as a result of no fixes. Good luck at finding an answer. Could just be something for a warranty or insurance to fix for you.

OP
R
Reaction score
It hasn't done it again since the original incident that I described above. I was just concerned that maybe someone has remote access to my phone, and may use it to access my emails or facebook, etc.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pulptastic

Reaction score
I used to have similar behavior on my Droid but found a very clear cause. it only happened when the phone was in my pocket and I was doing strenuous activity. the water vapor from my sweat was somehow triggering the touchscreen. I would let it rest to dry out and it would go back to normal.

OP
R
Reaction score
I used to have similar behavior on my Droid but found a very clear cause. it only happened when the phone was in my pocket and I was doing strenuous activity. the water vapor from my sweat was somehow triggering the touchscreen. I would let it rest to dry out and it would go back to normal.

This could be it, but i'm not certain. The phone had a little bit of moisture on it because i was on the phone for so long.