Droid 2 Turns itself on.

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
When are we going to receive a fix to this problem??

Every time i turn my phone off, it turns itself back on. WTF.. i don't need the stupid thing turning on during a movie or concert.. When i turn it off, i want it to stay off.

People (myself included) having been asking for solutions to this for almost an entire YEAR and those a$$clowns have yet to acknowledge the issue.

Does it take a lawsuit? Because a phone being on during a flight is ILLEGAL and sooner or later, someone will blame Verizon if caught.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure a phone being on in airplane mode during a flight is perfectly legal. Much like laptops or PSPs.

Your problem, however, seems odd, as I have never experienced it on my D2G on both stock 2.4.330 and stock 4.5.608.

OP
S

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
I'd consider being applicable for a fine and possibly removed from a plane bad.. and enforced because its illegal.

Consider yourself lucky your phone stays off.. cuz you can hit up google to find all the other people who have similar issues.

Thanks for the reply, too bad it wasn't a solution.. :(

eddie7

Reaction score
If the alarm is being used it might trigger the phone to start up. As long as your not playing with your phone while they tell you to turn it off you will be fine. :blink:

William_04_x

Reaction score
Mine also turns itself back on after powering it off. No alarms have ever been set, and it didn't do this with Froyo.

lwags67

Reaction score
Mine also turns itself back on after powering it off. No alarms have ever been set, and it didn't do this with Froyo.

Had to turn mine off today because there was 5% battery and I was not near my charger. Lo and behold, it turned itself back on 3 minutes later. Turned it off again and it stayed off.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I fine my employees for having a phone on in our meetings ($1). Whose phone turned back on and rang? MINE!:mad:
They laughed their asses off!

ExodusC

Reaction score
If it is serious enough to where you're worried about legal action being taken, I would just remove the battery.

I haven't tested it with my phone, as it is always on.

Sent from my HP TouchPad via Tapatalk.

Kyoko

Reaction score
Mine also turns itself back on. Thankfully, I don't have work issues with it. But it is annoying, and a fix would be nice.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Is this phone still available? My Bluetooth junked and my I.T. guy says have to move to a new model. Don't care except I have a dedicated car mount.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is this phone still available? My Bluetooth junked and my I.T. guy says have to move to a new model. Don't care except I have a dedicated car mount.

Do you mean can you still buy a Droid 2?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes, more specifically a Droid 2 Global. In spite of its faults I have grown to like it. The I.T. guy says he can't get another one.

Not from VZW if that is what you were hoping for. Your best bet for a D2G is something like eBay or Craig's List.