Droid 2 Terrible Picture Quality!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by DCDub, Sep 24, 2010.

  1. DCDub

    DCDub New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Droid2 for about 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it other than the terrible, terrible camera. Anyone else have this issue with their Droid 2? I had an LG EnV Touch (3.2 MP) before which was a horrible phone, but the picture quality on it blows my Droid (5 MP) out of the water! Is there a sweet spot in the settings that any of you guys have figured out? Right now I have the pic res set to 5MP and vid res set to D1. Videos look pretty good actually, but pictures are ridiculously bad, especially indoors. Any help or commiserating is greatly appreciated!
     
  2. LoneWolf15

    LoneWolf15 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    76
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've found that camera quality isn't even close to my former Blackberry Tour --and that camera is only rated for 3.2 megapixels.

    Pictures on my Droid 2 are dark, grainy, and blurry. It's as if the autofocus is either slow, or just sucks.

    That's not even commenting on the camera app itself, which is garbage. I don't want audio when zooming (it tends to cause pets to stop whatever cool thing they were doing, ruining the shot), the picture button is miserable, and the interface is just clunky.

    I don't expect a digital camera on a phone to be perfect --but when my BB Tour could do a so much easier and better job, it makes me feel like Motorola made a 95% perfect phone, and then failed miserably with the remaining 5%.
     
  3. hitdog042

    hitdog042 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    the camera is horrid. I've found no setting to make it better. And it's a shame, the keyboard is great. I like everything about the phone but the camera and video.

    Amazing they didn't refine this from the original Droid.
     
Search tags for this page

droid 2 picture quality

,
droid incredible 2 camera grainy pics solutions
,
droid x2 picture quality
,
picture quality on droid x 2
,
terrible picture quality on android browser