Droid 2 stuck at boot loader need help ASAP!

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
I wanted to update my phone to 2.3 but i rooted and flashed the liberty 1.0 and was looking for away to go back since Rom Manager did not save my back up so i went to this thread TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat and followed these steps without uploading anything on to the sd card dumb move i know ! To install the above files you need to follow these directions:

1) boot phone into recovery
2) go to mounts and storage
3) format system
4) mount system
5) install zip from sdcard
6) choose zip from sdcard

there was obviously nothing in there to load so i went back to reboot system and now my phone will not make it pass the first boot screen if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated !

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Okay an update for anyone who cares to help my screen now looks like ...

Bootloader
D2.37

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I haven't touched anything because frankly i'm afraid to ..once again if anyone can help me that would be great the sooner the better but beggers cant be choosers I know I know!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to download the SBF from MDW, and flash it using RSD Lite.

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
ok i have rsdlite 4.8 and I have liberty 1.0 can i just flash that to get back to the way my phone was or do i need to get the sbf from MDW because im having trouble locating it ?? BTW thanks for fast reply !

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay an update for anyone who cares to help my screen now looks like ...

Bootloader
D2.37

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I haven't touched anything because frankly i'm afraid to ..once again if anyone can help me that would be great the sooner the better but beggers cant be choosers I know I know!

Well, obviously you can't do an update if there is not on the card. I noticed underneath they have the full sbf. I would just use the back button. Go to the main menu, reboot. Load the file on the sd card and start over.

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
thanks where underneath are u talking about?? and Rom Manager did not save my stock back up...the only thing on my sdcard is liberty1.0 i think its ethier that or my lack of knowledge to what file my back up is located !

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
and what if i hit the back button and it brings me back to a frozen screen I dont want to hit the button because of the small amount of progress ive made from frozen to

Bootloader
D2.37

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you're in bootloader, you need to use the full SBF.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
I apologize for my noobness i'm at the first load up screen not bootloader

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
i have made my way to the...
Android system recovery <3e>

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

!:greendroid:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
for a noob i figured this out rather quick thanks UrbanBounca and Hook Bill for your help and quick responses to my melt down ...I was stuck in boot animation not boot loader and i held the center of the volume keys before holding the power button which brings u to...

Bootloader
D2.37

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

uploaded the SBF like UrbanBounca said but it was the android 2.2 which when i last checked thats what my phone was running on but it after the upload failed i tried the 2.3 Download RSD Lite, the bootloader SBF, and the 2.3.20 SBF from MDW. and next thing you know i'm up and running like 3 legged crack baby ! !! thanks for the help dancedroid:greendroid:dancedroid

Last edited: